NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moved to Imaging - or is it ....???

Spacedout

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how that one turned negative but the solution is perfect, and up a couple of places too so fantastic  :grin:

You should see the complaints we are getting from the imaging fraternity... :evil::grin:

I like it! Thank you. I have one question. Given the way it's formatted now is there the possibility of future sub forum expansion similar to the imaging forum?

Don

The impossible we can do at once miracles take longer...  Personally - It's something that could be looked into in the future... If the board gets busy...

Peter...

You should see the complaints we are getting from the imaging fraternity... :evil::grin:

I did wonder if that might be the case but never mind the solution should make everyone happy.  For me it now sits perfectly between observing and imaging which is pretty much spot on so thanks :)

I did wonder if that might be the case but never mind the solution should make everyone happy.  For me it now sits perfectly between observing and imaging which is pretty much spot on so thanks :)

I agree...  IKB  would be proud....  The smilies should have (hopefully) suggested it was a tounge in cheek comment... :)

I hadn't noticed we'd moved. lol But I think we're now "ideally positioned". :D

For me, VA is a real bridge between visual astronomy and "classical" (my own

preferred qualifier) imaging. I appreciate the diversity of techniques VA uses -

From on-screen, via real-time processing, to stacking / offline enhancement.

FWIW, It seemed awkward and artificial (on CN?) to restrict techniques used

to exclude post-processing? I hope we stay "unified but diverse" herein... :p

hey democracy at its best, people voice their thoughts and the powers move heaven and earth (well this forum section anyway) to meet with the popular demands.  :cool:

Think its a perfect solution to everyone (well maybe not the imaging fraternity)  :grin:

Anyway, now all we need in the beginners section is a "getting started with video astronomy" section and jobs sorted. (don't push your luck steve  :evil: )

cheers all, steve.

Big thank you to all involved in moving this up the charts! Hopefully it will be a valuable subject more easily found. Yes you can specialize in one thing but for me video cameras have been overlooked. Cameras that can capture meteors all night, capture planets, the moon, the sun and DSOs without much outlay should be shouted about. Not to mention outreach and broadcasting, all good!!

We tend not to divide boards based on particular manufactures equipment on here and I really can't see any reason to change it...

Peter...

Peter,

I think Davy's comment was just a bit of friendly ribbing.  But, I can see some sub forums that might include, "equipment", "observing reports" or as someone else suggested, "getting started".

This first move was well appreciated.  I feel we're on the map now.

Thanks,

Don

The impossible we can do at once miracles take longer...  Personally - It's something that could be looked into in the future... If the board gets busy...

As long as all threads with posts in the past two weeks fit on one page, I personally, prefer to see all of them together in one forum.

--Dom

Hi Guys

I'm purely visual, but enjoy the AV/EAA threads as they seem pretty well aligned with the fainter Visual Observing reports. Or, they take observing to the next logical step. Especially around Galaxy clusters.

So giving you your own section next to the visual section makes sense to me.

Paul

I was serious :)

Peter,

I think Davy's comment was just a bit of friendly ribbing.  But, I can see some sub forums that might include, "equipment", "observing reports" or as someone else suggested, "getting started".

This first move was well appreciated.  I feel we're on the map now.

Thanks,

Don

It seems that we are already having a subforum of Video Astronomy that is also called Video Astronomy.

The URL's of the upper and lower level Video Astronomy forums are

http://stargazerslounge.com/forum/208-video-astronomy/and http://stargazerslounge.com/forum/123-video-astronomy/ respectively.

--Dom

Compare it to the welcome section  (another single level sunborum) - it's the way the forum is setup...

Peter...

Well, I'm a way for  a little while and look what happens!!!

From the humble beginnings in 2011 as a Social Group, we now have a top level position in the SGL forum!

I'd just like to say thank you to to the guys who manage SGL for all the time and effort they put to running what I consider to be one of the best astronomy forums anywhere on the net.

And a big thank you to every one who has contributed to the Video Astronomy forum over the years - you have made it what it is today.

Clear Skies

Paul

Archived