Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Aurora watch amber alert 17-03-15

laser_jock99

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Low cloud and mist here, but will keep looking outside towards midnight, just in case; the great display of April 2000 (with the whole sky covered with aurora even down here in the Thames Valley) seems a very long time ago now!

Only time I have seen it was at Kelling Heath star party. Thought it was stadium lights pointing up or something at first and thought the imagers would be really annoyed. Until someone pointed out the sea was that way :embarrassed:  :laugh:

Conditions getting worse here.

It's not brill here but the new street lights help a lot... They have doen quite a few more streets around me with the new LED lights making a big difference

Trying out the  full spectrum 7D with the 200/2.8 at the moment but will keep the 5DIII and 24-105 Handy as well... 

Just a quick Rough... Not the spectacular shots we see from further North but just glad to see  and capture them from closer to home :)

They were brightening a bit as I left - or my dark adaption was getting better as the traffic got quieter...

Canon 5D III with 24-105/f4L IS USM  single exposure 60s f4.0 ISO1600

Northen%20Lights%20Cray%20Reservoir%2017

Archived