SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Aurora watch amber alert 17-03-15

laser_jock99

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they were brightening as I left - DOH!!!

I didn't fancy the drive home If I had hung around any longer as the gritters had passed me twice and  it was below freezing when I left...

Nice pic.

dont distress yourself too much, not a lot happened after that.

The spike on aurorawatch looked dramatic but I was watching the IAP NLC cameras, there was just a arc/glow most of the evening with a slight brightening at that time - nothing spectacular.

Nice one from Mel as well.

I wont bore you all with my picture, which clearly showed Cassiopeia but a misty orange glow due to Portishead and Bristol below that ! :(

I came here to report that there is now (after a quiet day) auroral activity being reported on amateur radio at mid latitudes, one better than high-lat,

so worth keeping alert tonight as well maybe.

Ohh ! Edit : Aurorawatch gone to Amber

I thought they were brightening as I left - DOH!!!

I didn't fancy the drive home If I had hung around any longer as the gritters had passed me twice and  it was below freezing when I left...

At least you saw it.

I've been spending most of the day in deep regret for not going out. Mind you, I had worked all day, done some teaching AND shifted 2 tonnes of soil, so I was a bit knackered by 10pm!!!

Any chance of this tonight

Not looking good :(

nothing on amateur radio,

nothing on the IAP NLC cameras,

only an amber on aurorawatch

a little bit bit of activity on the scandenavian magnetometers and the winKPs are still ambling along at about kp5

ACE however is showing a steady decline to less than 10 with no significant negBz and more significantly, no impacts in the last wee while !

But we live in hope :) !

Archived