Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 19/02 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

A very quick one from tonight - must sleep!   Decent conditions again, but seeing started to drop off after midnight.

Having said that here's a 00:10hrs as a first process:

post-26731-0-04517300-1424309274.png

Hopefully it will cloud over down here tomorrow and I can rest!

Very nice image Jake. It was forecast a window of a couple of hours here and was wondering whether to set up. Glad I didn't as it never cleared. You must be the 1st astronomer ever asking for cloud!

Sorry for the heresy, but just enough over my observatory please!

Another sweet image Jake! You must have been out more nights this past week than I've done in the past year lol

Thanks Stuart, it's been a great swansong for this obs in it's current location. I think it will be a good 4-6 weeks before I can be back up and running in any form. Hopefully you'll get decent conditions and hoover the photons and post some great pic's.

If all goes well I could have an obs in time for Saturn, though time will tell!

A very quick one from tonight - must sleep!   Decent conditions again, but seeing started to drop off after midnight.

Having said that here's a 00:10hrs as a first process:

attachicon.gif2015-02-19-0010_4-JG-RGB_web.png

Hopefully it will cloud over down here tomorrow and I can rest!

Very nice indeed !

Newbie question here: I really like the way you frame and add information to the picture, it look very professional :) Do you use a special software to do this automatically or is it simply done manually using PS ?

Very nice indeed !

Newbie question here: I really like the way you frame and add information to the picture, it look very professional :) Do you use a special software to do this automatically or is it simply done manually using PS ?

Cheers Vox,

The framing is done with a utility called ImageMagic (might be magik). It is available opensource or freeware, but in this case is bundled in with the firecapture distrib. Nice tool as it is linked to the session db and draws most of the data across automatically.

Cheers Vox,

The framing is done with a utility called ImageMagic (might be magik). It is available opensource or freeware, but in this case is bundled in with the firecapture distrib. Nice tool as it is linked to the session db and draws most of the data across automatically.

I use Sharpcap actually as I have issues with my webcam using Firecapture. I talked to the dev of Firecapture and unfortunatly he does not expect to fix the issue I have in a future release.

So for now (until I get a 'real' CCD cam) I have to use sharpcap. I will try the freeware you are talking about and hopefully I can get the same result as you ;)

Thanks for the tip and taking the time to answer !

Nice shot Jake. Thought I was going to have to bring the whole lot in again, for the third time in a row, as I went out too. But cloud was coming and going, so defied the weather for once. The advantage of a obs, It must be more of a pleasure

I was tired last night, you can imagine at 50, daunting feeling like that. just before setting up. No pain no gain as they say.

Nice shot Jake. Thought I was going to have to bring the whole lot in again, for the third time in a row, as I went out too. But cloud was coming and going, so defied the weather for once. The advantage of a obs, It must be more of a pleasure

I was tired last night, you can imagine at 50, daunting feeling like that. just before setting up. No pain no gain as they say.

Cheers Neil - glad you managed to get something for your troubles and look forward to seeing the results.   Looks like I am now moving in three weeks and will be obsless for at least 6 weeks - not that I will get much chance probably until May anyway.    The plus side though is the new house has a decent garden and borders a nice park to the North and West and does not have big trees around it.   The southern aspect will not be as good, shooting over the roof, especially with Saturn and Mars so low, but I'm in with a shot to the west of the meridian.  On the plus side there is a nice summer house that could make an excellent warm room and store for the kit.

Cheers Neil - glad you managed to get something for your troubles and look forward to seeing the results.   Looks like I am now moving in three weeks and will be obsless for at least 6 weeks - not that I will get much chance probably until May anyway.    The plus side though is the new house has a decent garden and borders a nice park to the North and West and does not have big trees around it.   The southern aspect will not be as good, shooting over the roof, especially with Saturn and Mars so low, but I'm in with a shot to the west of the meridian.  On the plus side there is a nice summer house that could make an excellent warm room and store for the kit.

Good luck on the move Jake, hope everything goes smoothly

Cheers Vox,

They do look very good framed thay way you do them, going to have a look at that piece of software!

P.S Good luck with the move Jake, hopefully its not too stressfull !

Thanks Pete, the stressful will be the next three weeks pre move packing and arguments over how we will do it. I expect the move itself will be straightforward and I'll take a week out to get it done and clean up the old house for handover. Should give the brain a good rest [emoji6]

Archived