Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi From Belfast

jonno

I'm 34 from Belfast (Northern Ireland rathern than USA unfortunately). I've always been fascinated with space but never really thought about getting outside into the cold and actually looking up. So I bought a Skywatcher Explorer 150p on an EQ3-2 mount. Haven't seen much yet since it turns out I know significantly less about the night sky than I thought and I live in a crappy place for light pollution and a good view upwards.

Just need to find somewhere nice and dark in Belfast to gaze from where I wont get murdered!

Hello jonno

Welcome to the Forums why not join your local Astronomical Society here is a link for you to have a look at you have a good forum here too you can get to chat like minded people and suss out where you have some good skies to observe from I live 3 Miles from Leeds City centre on a big hill

485 feet above sea level I get mag 4.5 - 5 skies maybe we all seem to cope you just need to get the more experienced observer to give you some tips here's that link :wave:

http://www.irishastronomy.org/ifas/members.php

Hows about you fella? (Belfast accent :afro:)

Welcome to SGL from a Fermanagh man.

Naz

Top spot. I had my honeymoon on Lusty Beg island. Shame I wasn't into astronomy then - I distinctly remember there being a completely cloudless winter sky... Actually there might have been a lunar eclipse. Anyone know where I could check dates of previous eclipses? Just out of curiosity...

Archived