NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astroman's new

Astroman

I've taken delivery of a 20" F/4.3 Newt on a tracking platform. I'll be refurbishing it, solving some minor mechanical problems and receiving a smokin' deal. Here's a pic:

2oinF4p3.jpg

I'm excited, aside from the obvious reason, because it allows me to be my own "anchor" for the Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim. I have a big scope I can count on for the party!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, AM, what a scope, do you want borrow my 8" as a finder, will consider personal delivery from this side of the pond :afro:

Keep us informed matey, looks wonderful.

naz

Hey, AM, what a scope, do you want borrow my 8" as a finder, will consider personal delivery from this side of the pond :afro:

Keep us informed matey, looks wonderful.

naz

Naw, you keep it. I've got a perfectly good 6" F/9.5 I could use. :D

AM, the scope looks great, should be a big hit at the star party. But what really grabs my attention is the scenery in the background....WOW :shock: And that sky. You're a lucky man.

Russ

AM, the scope looks great, should be a big hit at the star party. But what really grabs my attention is the scenery in the background....WOW :shock: And that sky. You're a lucky man.

Russ

I went to Grand Canyon in '06. Viewed it at night from Mather Point on the south rim under a full moon. Utterly magic, especially with a coyote howling in the background. Big skies in Arizona.

4538_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I am drooling over my minds eye views of the sights in that beautiful big photon muncher.. I have just been asked to refurbish a Charles Frank 6" f8 reflector for a local radio celebrity, now, would you care to do a swap? Please, please say yes.

Is it your birthday by any chance. :)

:afro::D :D Ron.

Archived