OMG :afro:

Oh, give me a home

Where the buffalo roam,

Where the deer and the antelope play;

Where seldom is heard

A discouraging word

AND THE SKIES ARE NOT CLOUDY ALL DAY!

:crybaby:

I can't imagine what the views will be like through that.

You're a lucky, lucky man :D

Looks like a two man job to set that thing up. As a favour I'm willing to fly out expenses paid to help you. Not many people are that kind you know.

Amazing bucket you have there, photons will stand in line for days for the chance to bounce off that mirror.

Looks like a two man job to set that thing up. As a favour I'm willing to fly out expenses paid to help you. Not many people are that kind you know.

Amazing bucket you have there, photons will stand in line for days for the chance to bounce off that mirror.

How could I refuse such a magnanimous offer? Unfortunately, the cost of this scope would prohibit it. I'll just have to muddle through, somehow.

Erm, photons standing in line for days? Maybe for eons... Ooh! I have to reobserve Pluto, now that I may actually see it! :afro:

How could I refuse such a magnanimous offer? Unfortunately, the cost of this scope would prohibit it. I'll just have to muddle through, somehow.

Erm, photons standing in line for days? Maybe for eons... Ooh! I have to reobserve Pluto, now that I may actually see it! :afro:

Pluto? Pah, I've seen it in my 8" Newt. Well, it might have been Pluto, it was a white dot type thing.........

Astronut: I can imagine, in fact I can remember seeing views through similar instruments. Problem was, they were always someone else's scope. I have several threads on here where I mention my friend Dennis and his 28" reflector. Many times, after the public has gone home, I come up with an object to challenge him We've gone on way into the night, finding little gems to show each other, or to the public. Most of these objects would be pretty much nonexistent in my usual C8. Now, I can do it myself! I'm fairly stoked.

Erm, photons standing in line for days? Maybe for eons... Ooh! I have to reobserve Pluto, now that I may actually see it! :D

Pluto? Pah, I've seen it in my 8" Newt. Well, it might have been Pluto, it was a white dot type thing.........

That's my point, exactly. :afro:

Forget the scope, look at that sky and scenery :afro:

Bl@@#y nice scope too though

Matt

I'd rather look at the scope. Nice. Is it portable? I have read you can wheel them around on a sort of barrow thing.

Forget the scope, look at that sky and scenery :afro:

Bl@@#y nice scope too though

Matt

I'd rather look at the scope. Nice. Is it portable? I have read you can wheel them around on a sort of barrow thing.

"Portable" is a matter of perspective. See the two holes on opposite sides of the rocker box? Those are mounting holes for long handles with wheels on the ends. When attached, they turn that assembly into a wheel barrow, making it "portable". Two ramps allow me to wheel it up into the bed of the pickup. I haven't weighed the whole thing yet, but I bet it's heavy. :insects1:

This picture was taken in my back yard, between the house and the carport. The scenery shows some of the Haley Hills in the background. They're about 3 km away to the SW. The peak on the right is closer, just under 2 km. The dome is ~40m away.

Archived