NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Geminids, very quick edit of the brightest one I captured

Super photo - would you mind giving details of the camera, lens and exposure please?

Many thanks! Image was taken on a Canon 7D through a Sigma 10-20mm, 30s / F3.5 @ 800ISO

Amazing capture! I can't believe we did not capture more considering how many we saw with our naked eye in the fov of our camera's :(

to to edit you need 250 posts mate

I know so many that I though id have on the sensor mate! would have loved to captured that absolute monster of a green one that we saw though :( All good fun though

A really nice picture. Is that Lymington glowing on the horizon?

Andy

Thanks Andy, yes I think it must be given the orientation that I was shooting in

Thanks all. Wish I didn't have so much grass in the composition but was working with the tripod down so the camera was almost on the ground. Certainly a nice place to view from though :)

Composition is very personal, subjective thing, and I personally like the grass in the foreground. It gives me a feeling of solidity, that you really were there. I have the Canon 10-22 and often like to exploit the massive range of focus that a very wide angle lens offers.

FWIW I think the composition Links earth and sky nicely... Another fan of the Sigma 10-20 here I have it in Nikon fit but went for the Tamron 10-24 instead when I moved over to Canon ..

I have a Nikon to EF adaptor so can use the sigma quite easily as in Nikon form it has a manual aperture ring...

Peter...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived