SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M42 shot on the Orion Starshoot Deep Space Video Cam II

orion25

Here is my best image so far of M42 using the Orion Starshoot DSVC II through my Orion 127mm MakCass. The stars are a bit overexposed but the nebula stands out beautifully. This was one of the first opportunities I had to try out my new single-axis drive on my mount for astroimaging. I cranked up the sensitivity of the cam to the max and selected color output. I was really excited by the result. A nice little camera. Enjoy! 

I composed the musical landscape as well :smiley:

Regards from Galaxy Central,

Reggie

Here is my best image so far of M42 using the Orion Starshoot DSVC II through my Orion 127mm MakCass. The stars are a bit overexposed but the nebula stands out beautifully. This was one of the first opportunities I had to try out my new single-axis drive on my mount for astroimaging. I cranked up the sensitivity of the cam to the max and selected color output. I was really excited by the result. A nice little camera. Enjoy! 

I composed the musical landscape as well :smiley:

Regards from Galaxy Central,

Reggie

Please, select the highest quality setting for best results.

Good work Reggie and very apt music :)

Thanks for the support, Karl. I love merging my passions for astronomy with my passion for music. It's cool how much fun imaging can be, even at the basic level  :smiley:

Oh, yeh, one of my bands is called The Space Outs! Coincidence or no? Haha. Time to catch some Geminids!

Archived