Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wow, comet near Hercules

Luke

Wowsers, hope some folks imaged it, no idea how it ranks among comets but it blew my mind. By luck I woke up early and checked weather for solar later and it said it was clear now so I thought set up early and image the moon. Super lucky! Hope some other folks got a view.

Sorry, folks, FALSE ALARM! Ahem, apparently it was a rocket fuel dump (!) :embarrassed::rolleyes:

Hmmm, I am going to go and face the music now and see the Mrs, who I woke up early to see Comet Rocket Fuel Dump :eek:

Thanks to Stev74 for finding out what it was!

Ok looks like I was right, I've just come across this article - http://www.britastro.org/node/5886

I'm still glad I saw it though, it was really fab, what a shame it wasn't a comet but never mind!

I did get me some lunar images, not sure if my focus will be on as Comet RFD was a bit of a distraction!

Sorry, folks, FALSE ALARM! Ahem, apparently it was a rocket fuel dump (!) :embarrassed::rolleyes:

Hmmm, I am going to go and face the music now and see the Mrs, who I woke up early to see Comet Rocket Fuel Dump :eek:

Thanks to Stev74 for finding out what it was!

I'm still glad I saw it though, it was really fab, what a shame it wasn't a comet but never mind!

I did get me some lunar images, not sure if my focus will be on as Comet RFD was a bit of a distraction!

Breakfast in bed for Sarah today then Luke ;-)

Comet or no comet, sounds like an amazing sight, wish I'd seen it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahem, having late lunch with the Mrs and she's drinking a Coke  that says:

Share a Coke zero with

Comet

I shall never live this down!! :grin: :grin:

Thanks for the fun my fellow comet hunters, we shall get the Big One next time :grin:

Comet or rocket fuel that sounds like a way cool sight!

I spent a little time in the park with some friends who'd come over for a mince pie and mulled wine party. You know how it is with these things: people come round, get tanked up, go and spot Geminid meteors... Saw a really good number, some nice bright ones too, although I took the telescope and seemed to be looking down every time the others saw one!

DD

I just picked up on all this. What an incredible sight! It must have been an amazing few hours, particularly between "discovery" and the realisation of what it was. Wish I'd seen it and experienced the same rollercoaster!

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived