Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What a lousy Nov for AP!

lensman57

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here :( Did have some poor visibility clearness last night but yet to process what I got. I'm patient and optimistic that there will be a decent nite one day... The poor weather does make me think twice about how much I can justify spending on this frustrating hobby!

Louise

Hi Louise,

Likewise here, it is just that I have already spent the hard earned money like a fool.

Clear skies.

A.G

Yep, it's been a struggle this month, and the last moon-free period was a total wash-out. I look at my autofocus spreadsheet and can see I setup to image on 7 nights so far this month but I don't have much to show for it.

ChrisH

You have done well with seven nights Chris, I only managed one night, I think  so far.

A.G

Apart from a good all night session early in the month November has been a write-off here too. Shame because target wise it's a great time. Looks like this weekend's a write-off as well

To me it's a good argument for pursuing my interest in ultra fast imaging scopes- in my one long session I was able to image all these objects:

composite_002_zps76a2cc5c.jpg

I myself only have the Nov 14th to show anything for and that wasn't great. There have been a few clearish nights without the Moon but it is warm and hazy and not worth setting up. As for the fast scopes I have the Canon 200 F2.8, Quattro 8s and the WO Star 71 all ready but no chance to use them so far. This weekend is full of clouds and rain again and I am beginning to get on my wife's nerves , there is so much " Strictly " and Master Chef that I can watch without moaning.

A.G

I got my camera back from Atik fully repaired & tested so I used yesterday to shoot all the calibration shots I needed so I'm good to go when the weather clears up. Those of us who live in England accept that as a consequence of a temperate latitude we don't get the best weather :mad: and have to put up with the wife wanting us to put shelves up on the next clear night :eek: when she could have moaned on all the other rainy nights :confused:

This weekend is full of clouds and rain again and I am beginning to get on my wife's nerves , there is so much " Strictly " and Master Chef that I can watch without moaning.

A.G

.....I've an idea for a new reality TV show "Get me outside- I'm an Astronomer!" 

.....I've an idea for a new reality TV show "Get me outside- I'm an Astronomer!" 

Great idea, maybe we find a panel of totally clueless, overexposed, talentless bunch of individuals who know nothing about imaging and let them insult the poor kids. What do you think? Meow :grin:

A.G

Glad a found this link as needed to let of some steam - can't swear but what a waste of a month 2 nights and not even the whole night here near Worcester.

With the excitement of a child I saw stars when I got in from work and rapidly set up, aligned, focused and slew to target and nothing fog rolled over the hill and everything was gone.  Can't win!

Next few weeks don't look promising either.  But then the weather reports lately seem to be getting less and less accurate rather than more accurate, not sure what all this millions are used for on the weather data modelling they are running.

Rant over - maybe if we all cross our fingers and wish for clear skies it will help.

Paddy

Glad a found this link as needed to let of some steam - can't swear but what a waste of a month 2 nights and not even the whole night here near Worcester.

With the excitement of a child I saw stars when I got in from work and rapidly set up, aligned, focused and slew to target and nothing fog rolled over the hill and everything was gone.  Can't win!

Next few weeks don't look promising either.  But then the weather reports lately seem to be getting less and less accurate rather than more accurate, not sure what all this millions are used for on the weather data modelling they are running.

Rant over - maybe if we all cross our fingers and wish for clear skies it will help.

Paddy

Just stop buying new equipment, that will do it.

A.G

Archived