Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Oh I really hope its right for once!

bomberbaz

I mean the weather forecast for where I am off tomorrow. I am going Galloway Astronomy centre and below is what the BBC are saying it will be like on Friday into Saturday, please be right.

post-26735-0-07527500-1411633620_thumb.j

It looks a little breezy yes but clear skies, i can live with the breeze and chill if I can find a little shelter for the scope.

Anyone from up there any tips for me would be welcome!

Steve.

PS, Saturday looks poor but 1 out of 2 will suit me!

Great up here last night, first time in a while I managed nearly three hours out visual. Seeing was pretty good as well, could make out the Milky Way at times which isn't bad for the edge of North Tyneside! Sad to say its wall to wall cloud today.

Good luck, Steve, and I look forward to your report :smiley:

It's been mainly cloud here for what seems likes weeks - no it is weeks  :mad:

If anyone tells you the Med has good weather, they're either pulling your leg or don't do much astronomy. I mean, the days are alright; hot, blue and generally clear but night is another story. I've been here almost 90 days and have counted 18 clear nights! If it weren't for my girlfriend's work, I'd seriously be pushing for moving away from this area....mmmmm, now that's a plan :evil:

TWO says the same for DG8, so you may get it.

However I get confused by weather forecasts.

Wednesday was supposed to be clear and sunny, it was raining when I got up and it rained most of the day.

Forecast for here 2 nights back had night temperature pictures of 7 and 8 on the regions weather, the presenter said that night temperatures would get be 3 or 4 and even down to 2 so watch out for a ground frost.

So weather chart saying 7-8, presenter saying 3-4.all at the same time. :confused: :confused:

I mean the weather forecast for where I am off tomorrow. I am going Galloway Astronomy centre and below is what the BBC are saying it will be like on Friday into Saturday, please be right.

attachicon.gifweather.jpg

It looks a little breezy yes but clear skies, i can live with the breeze and chill if I can find a little shelter for the scope.

Anyone from up there any tips for me would be welcome!

Steve.

PS, Saturday looks poor but 1 out of 2 will suit me!

Ahhh,  one of the sources which led me to waste 70 miles worth of petrol last Saturday; just saying.   :tongue:

Good luck, Steve, and I look forward to your report :smiley:

If anyone tells you the Med has good weather, they're either pulling your leg or don't do much astronomy. I mean, the days are alright; hot, blue and generally clear but night is another story. I've been here almost 90 days and have counted 18 clear nights! If it weren't for my girlfriend's work, I'd seriously be pushing for moving away from this area....mmmmm, now that's a plan :evil:

What part of Spain are you in as I was out there for 6 weeks in the summer and only a couple of cloudy nights!

What part of Spain are you in as I was out there for 6 weeks in the summer and only a couple of cloudy nights!

Aye, plenty of cloudless areas in Spain, Phil (perhaps not if you're in Galicia, Asturias etc). Just not around where I seem to be living :BangHead: I'm in a little town about 20 minute drive from Játiva. Here's the forecast for this week. As you can see we've got a fair bit of sun :evil: :

post-21324-0-67722600-1411691300.png

Aye, plenty of cloudless areas in Spain, Phil (perhaps not if you're in Galicia, Asturias etc). Just not around where I seem to be living :BangHead: I'm in a little town about 20 minute drive from Játiva. Here's the forecast for this week. As you can see we've got a fair bit of sun :evil: :

attachicon.gifThis weeks forecast.png

Ahh yes I know, friend of my lives in Xabia and the weather can be strange. Know what you mean about Galicia etc, I have travelled across northern Spain and whilst it is beautiful the weather is defiantly hit and miss. My place is south of Torrevieja which is getting its fair share of storms with much needed rain at the moment so I am hoping when I am next out the good weather will return.

Archived