Hi From Keighley

Craigb350

Hi,

Just was searching on google for some good observing locations and came accross this site.

My main interests are Astrophotography and Astrolapse ( timelapse photography of the night sky)

Photography being my main interest, i have just returned from a weeks holiday in the south of France, which was perfect for dark skies and no pollution, Got a few good photos, but im wanting to home in on my skills.

So realistically im after a good observing spot local to me around the keighley area, if anyone can recommend one, or would be up for a meet so i can do some more photography.

Cheers

Craig

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Craig, a very warm welcome to SGL.  I'm only up the hill from you in Oakworth.  Are you aware of TAC (The Astronomy Centre) on the Todmorden to Bacup road, about 14 miles away?  Good  variety of telescopes to use (30" Dob, 16" LX200, 8.9 inch refractor, 17 inch Dob and lots of other goodies.  Non members are welcome on Saturdays, pm for solar viewing or after 7.30ish for night viewing.  You can just turn up, have a tour of the facilities and use some of them if clear.  You can also bring and set up your own equipment.  I think the web site is down at the moment but please feel free to pm me if you are interested in either the TAC or just getting in touch for a chat.

Best regards, Paul

Hi Craig, a very warm welcome to SGL.  I'm only up the hill from you in Oakworth.  Are you aware of TAC (The Astronomy Centre) on the Todmorden to Bacup road, about 14 miles away?  Good  variety of telescopes to use (30" Dob, 16" LX200, 8.9 inch refractor, 17 inch Dob and lots of other goodies.  Non members are welcome on Saturdays, pm for solar viewing or after 7.30ish for night viewing.  You can just turn up, have a tour of the facilities and use some of them if clear.  You can also bring and set up your own equipment.  I think the web site is down at the moment but please feel free to pm me if you are interested in either the TAC or just getting in touch for a chat.

Best regards, Paul

Cheers Paul,

I might just take you up on that, i will have a look at the website.

I really need some dark places to go to, to try and perfect my camera skills.

Hi Craig. As a new member here, I'm still waiting for some good conditions to try out my new 'scope. I'm also into photography, (Nikon 8800 & Sony H200), and I'm looking forward to some astrophotography when I get the necessary attachments. I'm currently looking for some good 'dark sky' spots near Leeds.

Archived