Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello From Swindon

NiteGawper

Hi all, just joined this forum today and thought I'd say "hi" :wave:

I've noticed from looking through some of the threads that there are a few Astronomers from the Swindon Area - so an extra "Light Polluted Hi" to all of you who share our awful orange skies :lol:

Been into Astronomy for ages, but have decided I really need to give it more time this year, I'm encouraging my Dad to get into it too - helps to have someone to view with. :lol:

Look forward to sharing this great hobby with you all... :D

Hi All,

Thanks for the welcome :lol:

Ian, Rodbourne Cheney isn't a bad part of town :lol: But it's sort of close to the middle of town and probably has REALLY bad light pollution...

I live in Eldene, which is on the outskirts of the East side of town, close to junction 15 of the M4...

It's the kind of place where you don't need to travel too far to find a dark sky :D

All the best,

Andy...

hi andy im timetraveller a huge big welcome to both you and your dad im newish here to and yet another swindonian I actually live in park south so like you dark skies not quite so bad from my local anyway feel free to pm me if you want regards for now

peter aka timetraveller

Archived