Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

£1500 is given to you....

mcut

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me?

A £1000 or so DSLR capable of shooting at over 1000 frames/second (for super slow motion movies and Astrophotography) :D

A motor drive for my EQ mount, and perhaps a....

Celestron NexStar 4SE for that grab and go experience!?

No! Wait!

A Coronado PST! :sunny:

As a complete Noobie, i would entrust the whole lot to steve or greg at FLO, and ask them to kit me out!

something along the lines of a nice 8" Newt and some bits and bobs to go with it!

I can only dream of what they could put together for £1500!

Nick.............. :D

Concrete pad and materials for my new rolloff roof observatory.

I'll take care of that for you AM, just as soon as my expected lottery win happens. And it will. :lol:

Ron.

Are you remembering that EQ6 pro of mine, Ron? :D

Sure thing mate, it will wing it's way to Aberdeen just as soon as Camelot's cheque is in my bank. :lol:

I'd pay someone to take my photos for me, and then I could withhold payment if they do what I do and forget to re-focus after adjusting things and subsequently waste an hour taking photos of stellar doughnuts.

With that kind of money I could nearly afford a pair of shoes for the missus, or half of a handbag. (Good for a night or two of stargazing without having this face :x at the window.)

I could pay a months interest on the credit card bill for existing astronomy items.

I may buy 37 off axis guiders and line them up neatly, before treating them to a beauty session from Mr Sledgehammer.

I would likely buy 1000 CDM bars (Cadburys Dairy Milk for the foreigners) to last me a couple of months.

Or maybe a magnum of decent Champers or a really good Malt Scotch.

My wife is sat next to me so i'm unwilling to mention anything that might involve the line "How much for the whole night?"

:D

Cheers

TJ

Whew, that's $2981.51 at the current rate. :D

I haven't checked the prices, but would really like to have some sort of observatory. With a warming room if possible. :lol:

oh, now you are going to upset people :lol: i forgot that you get more for your money over the pond!

Archived