Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

£1500 is given to you....

mcut

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For astro related £1500 would buy me an Intes Micro MN76 7" Mak-Newt, niiiiice :D.

Other than that, a nice family holiday. Probably Skiing as me and L'Missus haven't been for a couple for years and the kids haven't been before so that'd be pretty cool.

Tony..

Well i have just bought the Equinox 120 , also have the Equinox 80 , so i would save the money for when they bring the nextEquinox out maybe it will be a 150 Equinox , to be honest these scopes are so lovely so good looking , even better than me heheheheh , i think i will just keep them as an ornament, and not bother with images .

Rog :D:lol:

Would have to be a new C9.25 XLT OTA then :lol: ready for my big planetary build up in 2011.

Hows that? Is 2011 gonna be "good" for planets then?

TBH I think its gonna take me that long to get a decent image of mars anyways :D

Cheers

TJ

You have to remember that a lot of us guys here have "Cute English Accents", which are obviously irresistable to all women in the USA. Surely you can find room for us. The tickets are booked and everything?

:D

Cheers

TJ

Concrete pad and materials for my new rolloff roof observatory.

I'll take care of that for you AM, just as soon as my expected lottery win happens. And it will. :lol:

Ron.

You're all right, Ron. I don't care what the rest of the blokes say about ya. 8)

You have to remember that a lot of us guys here have "Cute English Accents", which are obviously irresistable to all women in the USA. Surely you can find room for us. The tickets are booked and everything?

Just be sure to say, "There's a penguin on the telly", TJ, and she'll melt in your uh, arms. :D

Funny, I'd have thought a film about Nuns would have, you know, deadened the mood. Unless US girls are into, erm, role playing?

Damn my naivety. Where do you go to LEARN stuff like the penguin line? My Mother never told me, thats for sure!

Cheers

TJ

Cheers

TJ

:lol: Nice try, TJ! :lol:

I've always found the English accent to be quite pleasant to listen to ever since hearing Stewart Granger in "Madonna of the Seven Moons" when I was young. Classic movie, and from what I once read, it's a true story.

...and she'll melt in your uh, arms.

No idea where you intended on going with this comment Steve, but I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain in the future. Thanks! :lol:

The penguin line is from a Monty Python sketch.

Ah I see! I have wasted my formative years climbing trees, chasing girls, chasing girls up trees, changing engines, reading, studying, voluntary working.

If ONLY I had spent them watching telly I would be "streetwise".

There goes my 1500 nicker then, on a brand new superduper plasma telly.

Oh Talitha, that was'nt a "try", my wife reads this, for Pete's sake dont let her think I'm "trying". She didn't like it when I said "She's got a cheeky smile".

Besides, in the words of Mr Miyagi, "Do, or Do Not. No Try."

I am going to go now and watch the entire works of Monty Python, with the aim of becoming educated. I can see I have much to learn. This melting in your arms business sounds awful sticky.......

TJ

EDIT: BTW, I would just like to point out that all Englishmen, and especially myself, sound and look exactly like Stuart Granger. (As he was then, not now). The only difference is that most of us have elected to go for the more modern and streamlined Alopecia Hairstyling look.

Well i have just bought the Equinox 120 , also have the Equinox 80 , so i would save the money for when they bring the nextEquinox out maybe it will be a 150 Equinox , to be honest these scopes are so lovely so good looking , even better than me heheheheh , i think i will just keep them as an ornament, and not bother with images .

Rog :lol: :lol:

Between me and you Rog (and anyone else who reads this!! :D) I've heard on good authority that the affordable 150mm EDs on the way will just use a ED Petzval element rather than a ED main lens, like the WO 80mm EDs did.

Apparently its the only way to keep the costs down to a realistic level for this size of scope, you only need a 3"ish ED lens for a 6" scope.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." is Yoda, not Miyagi. Jeez, I guess you just don't go to the movies enough. :D

WAIT!! Are you saying that Miyagi / Yoda are NOT one and the same person?

The problem is, I'm an active person. In fact, I make Action Man look distinctly like a geriatric pedestrian. Imagine a cross breed of Spiderman, The Silver Surfer and Dangerous Brian, then put it on Speed and Crack Cocaine, and then play in fast forward. Remove most of the hair and you pretty much have me. Movies entail sitting down, and sitting down invariably involves stopping.

Hmm, I wonder if Yoda could catch flies with chopsticks?? I guess he could use the force to wash the cars and paint the fence. Force on, force off.

TJ

CCD camera is my real answer.

Archived