Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello All! I Need New Planetarium Website Feedback!

digitaloranges

Hello all!

I've just developed an online planetarium http://www.flashplanetarium.com

I've always been interested in astronomy and as a labour of love, I developed this as a "see if I can do it" type of thing and now it's nearing completion, I thought that I'd show it off to the world and I need stargazers feedback! It's just a bit of fun really but I'm proud of it.

I'm looking to develop and enhance the project over the next few months, so please take a look and give me feedback!

Thanks for your time!

Andy

Funnily enough - this is something I've been talking about doing with a flash developer friend of mine!

Your system looks great, its a little slow at rendering but I can completely understand this, its alot of data to sort out!

Do you have plans to add galaxy imagery etc.. into it?

What I would love to see is a completely online version of Stellerium, with all the same features but using an interface like the one you've developed.

Great work! Thanks for sharing,

Cheers,

Grant

It looks great.

On my system it did not appear to run in real time so the clock was stuck at 17:23:44 and did not move, I assume I need to press refresh but it would be good if it tracked the skies.

I appreciate this may be my system limits causing this.

Hello!

Now the app tracks the sky in real time, so whenever you perform an operation (change view, zoom etc) it's always an up-to-date view!

Also, if there's no activity for 15 seconds, the view updates itself, so you can sit and watch the sky roll past you in real time (if you've nothing better to to! ;-)

Andy

PS

Don't forget to clear your cache, otherwise you may see the old version!

Can I suggest that rather than clicking to cancel rendering a click/drag does that anyway? It would mean scooting around the sky is a little smoother.

It's a nice bit of work though - well done.

Are there any plans to allow others to use it within their sites rather than as a link? I'd love to have something like this on-site for our members.

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

Iagree, a click-drag should cancel the current draw. I'll incorporate it asap!

As for it being hosted on other sites? I will look into it as there are technical issues but in the meantime, a link from your site would be nice! ;-) Up to you! And I promise that if I do change it so it could be hosted on other sites, you'll be the first to have it!

Andy

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

Iagree, a click-drag should cancel the current draw. I'll incorporate it asap!

As for it being hosted on other sites? I will look into it as there are technical issues but in the meantime, a link from your site would be nice! ;-) Up to you! And I promise that if I do change it so it could be hosted on other sites, you'll be the first to have it!

Andy

Hi Andy,

Yes, I'll add a link for you later today :D I need to update the links anyway as I'm thinking they're probably out of date. I may start adding banners for some sites too, like the forums here for instance - have you got a banner? If so, I'll add it to the pool for you when I've got the feature up and running.

Tel.

Andy, that's great work. Website layout and graphics look very nice, really inviting. And using our very fast work internet connection the planetarium was surprisingly smooth and i noticed you have it running in real time now.

I'll try it at home tonight on our 2mb broadband and see how it runs.

But it really does look good. And look forward to the updated version with deepsky stuff.

Regards

Russ

I really like that, looks really nice - I'd like to see an offline version...

One thing the search doesn't work. When I click on the search button it doesn't let me type into the box.

Cheers

Ant

Archived