Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Apology's for the bad weather ahead, but it had to be done

oldpink

Apology's to anyone in Scotland for the bad weather thats bound to happen

its Bonus time and I had a tidy sum to spend on my upgrade program

today I ordered my NEQ6 mount, Coma Corrector, SW Autofocus motor (already have the Hitec astro unit) a Solar filter and a Premium Cheshire
with a follow up order for the Evostar 80ED Pro package & reducer / flatterer getting placed very soon

now I just have to get ready to take some flack fro the Mrs when the boxes start arriving ;)

today I ordered my NEQ6 mount, Coma Corrector, SW Autofocus motor (already have the Hitec astro unit) a Solar filter and a Premium Cheshire

with a follow up order for the Evostar 80ED Pro package & reducer / flatterer getting placed very soon

now I just have to get ready to take some flack fro the Mrs when the boxes start arriving ;)

Just tell her that they only had one

left & it was in the sale.Works every

time.Just duck when you say it.

Steve

You'll love the EQ6!  I have just taken delivery of another EQ6 myself. It's in bits at the momement being restored and 'modernized' with a belt mod and Synscan upgrade :-)

tracker says packages are out for delivery
feel like a kid waiting for Xmas, but not only are the packages incoming so is a large amount of cloud, wind & rain
weather is not looking good till at least the weekend :(

Just prepare yourself for when you first lift the NEQ6 mount head, its heavier than it looks. Lugging it about is a little cumbersome at first, but soon you will find the safest way of getting it outside (the tripod and mount head are definietly a two-part job).

Good choice on mount though, guiding wont be an issue now so you will be left to concentrate on other aspects of your setup.

Damn just found out the SW coma corrector doesn't fit onto my standard Canon T ring

had to order one from FLO another £18 I wasn't expecting to have to spend

AWW NOOO thats just added another day of clouds!!!

:evil:

LOL the scope may have to wait another week
I just purchased 2 x 3kw petrol generators from an auction for a total of £180
both have long life fuel tanks and 12v output so ideal for trips to dark sky sites and fishing trips

I can also hire them out when we do outdoor gig's like the Gala day I did at the weekend

it cost £62 hire with a £180 deposit so I will make my money back in no time at that rate :)

yes I plan on upgrading the bolts I could feel it when I was setting up that it was struggling to push above 50 deg
I'm at over 54 up here in Scotland so I tilted it to 60 by hand then let the bolt take it back down to its final setting for now
as I didn't want to shred the threads or risk bending the bolts, I've read enough times on SGL about the poor quality and issues with the ones supplied

i have my finger hovering over the idas lp filter buy button  :eek:

i shouldn't...

i want it though...

food? who needs food?

the kids will be ok burning a few calories...

i *really* want it though.

oh the guilt.

but it's smiling at me...

but i can only do 2 minute subs because if this mount...

i need a better mount  :embarassed:

now it's blowing kisses at me  :shocked:

someone please tell it to stop.

Archived