Hello from Bedfordshire :-)

Gramate

I'm new to astronomy, and can't wait to see the first images through my telescope.

I have brought a Skywatcher Explorer 150P as a first telescope, hoping it's the right choice, it's certainly complicated !

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gramate and welcome to SGL, nice scope as your first choice, it certainly can be complicated, as you are new to Astronomy and you will be on a steep learning curve, but SGL is at hand to help you out should any problems arise, enjoy :)

Many thanks everyone, .... I'm glad I made the right choice ... and what a lot there is !

Cant wait to wade in and start exploring the sky ! .... it will be tough but hopefully great fun too.

Gramate - Welcome to SGL! Very friendly folks here and very smart too... I'm just starting out as well. It is pretty complicated, and sometimes frustrating too but once you see the rings of Saturn with your own eyes, then you'll be hooked - or at least that's how it was for me...

Welcome Aboard!

Gramate - Welcome to SGL! Very friendly folks here and very smart too... I'm just starting out as well. It is pretty complicated, and sometimes frustrating too but once you see the rings of Saturn with your own eyes, then you'll be hooked - or at least that's how it was for me...

Welcome Aboard!

Cant wait ... the gears here but so are the clouds :sad:

Hi, Gramate, and a warm welcome to SGL - and to the fascinating worlds of amateur astronomy! The 150P is a very capable scope - light enough to transport to dark sites, yet big enough to begin resolving the 'dark fuzzies' of the deep sky objects. Having upgraded to bigger scopes, I now use my 150P mainly for photography - as I said, it's a very capable scope!

If you haven't done already I can recommend the free planetarium 'Stellarium' which is used by many on here to help locate objects, and to plan for a viewing session. It is customisable to location and to individual scopes - giving you an idea of what you should be able to see through the eyepiece (downloadable here: http://www.stellarium.org/?ref=nf)

Hope that helps,

Martin

Hi & Welcome to SGL.  If you type in 150P into search at the top right of the top right you will find various threads on your scope, they may answer some questions you may have.  Or  if you need  help post a question in the Beginners section more people would read it there.  Good luck with your new scope.

Archived