Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What is your favorite Eyepiece ?

My vote has to go to my MEADE 8.8mm UWA..........It gives me awesome views...great contrast...dark background... and it is also my Girlfriend's favorite EP as well......With my C11 @ F/10 the seeing conditions have to be near excellent... I am going to try it with the F/6.3 Focal Reducer and see if that will allow me to use it more often !   Clear Skies......

Mark

This question comes up often, and my answer is invariably: all of them :D

the LVW 42mm and Nagler 31T5 "Panzerfaust" excel in wide field views, the Naglers 22T4 and 17T4 are great all-round DSO hunters (and great for galaxies), the Nagler 12T4 and Pentax XW10 are superb on small planetaries, the Pentax XW10 and XW7, and Delos 8mm are great for planets. The MaxVision 24mm and WO Zoom 22.5-7.5 form an excellent travel and solar set.

My favorite eyepiece is the 18mm BCO because it competes with much more expensive eyepieces which is unbelievable for its price point.Great on nebula,galaxies,moon.....Other than the field of view difference, the 18mm BCO is very similar to my 17mm Ethos.And that Ethos is good.Barlowed @ 1.5x for 12mm it out contrasts the 12.5mm Tak and my Leica zoom on M51 and other objects.

as with Michael's viewpoint, my usual answer is 'the one that nicely frames the object at an appropriate magnification in the scope I am using'.

if pushed, my 26mm Nagler. if it's the most used then probably my 15mm televue plossl as I seem to do more solar currently with my 6" f5.

Don't really have a favourite but my most used is the 35mm Panoptic. The 20mm Nagler must be close though, it stops me using the 21mm Ethos so it must be some eyepiece, it is also very light for the type of eyepiece.

Alan

I'm trying to recall how I answered this one when it last came up a month or two back  :icon_scratch:

I'd go for my 13mm Ethos too I think, on balance. I do a lot of viewing at high powers as well though so I'd hate to be without either my 6mm Ethos or 5mm Pentax XW.

I'd hate to be without any of my eyepieces come to think of it !  :smiley:

I'll now see if I can find that earlier thread and see if I've been consistent - probably not  :rolleyes2:

My friend put a 13mm Ethos in my 10" Parks Reflector F/5.9... and the views were truly AWESOME... but in the C11 F/10... it was not as impressive... but when I viewed the summer milky way with that 13mm Ethos, it is an experience I will never forget... so I do realize that different Telescopes need different Eyepieces... After viewing with an F/5.9 Reflector for some years, I decided to get my DREAM SCOPE...the C11 for the LARGER IMAGE SCALE... I am VERY PLEASED with the C11...the ORION ATLAS GOTO MOUNT never fails to find an object, but I don't get the WIDE FIELDS for STAR CLUSTERS, I have a CELESTRON F/6.3 Focal Reducer..(haven't had the chance to try it yet).. I am hoping that it will help for the OPEN CLUSTERS !

Yes , I think the 13mm ETHOS is great... TELEVUE Eyepieces are AWESOME !

Mark

Archived