Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn - better than I expected

mightymonoped

Quick and dirty process of some of tonights avi's. This was using about half the available frames. I know it's not going to threaten Pete Lawrence :D ...but I think it's not bad for a short tube refractor through a stack of barlows.

ED80 3x and 2x barlows stacked

Old EQ5 on a Vixen P90 tripod

(600/1800 frames)

bit of contrast and despeckle in CS2

Tony

post-12982-133877337488_thumb.jpg

Tony, that's a wonderful Saturn image mate, and it's all yours. There's no competition between image posters on SGL. I drool over Pete's images too, as do all the others, but I also appreciate the work done by other members, and as you know, we have had some bobby dazzlers which have made the national mags. No reason why one of yours, or anybody elses, should not reach those heights.

I hope to be joining in this fun soon, and I am just pleased to have a place to do it.

Ron. :D

Tony, that's a wonderful Saturn image mate, and it's all yours. There's no competition between image posters on SGL. I drool over Pete's images too, as do all the others, but I also appreciate the work done by other members, and as you know, we have had some bobby dazzlers which have made the national mags. No reason why one of yours, or anybody elses, should not reach those heights.

I hope to be joining in this fun soon, and I am just pleased to have a place to do it.

Ron. :D

Absolutely agree! My comment was intended as homage to Pete and the planetary imaging 'heavyweights' in general, all of whom having been very encouraging and completely supportive in my experience.

Tony

Very nice! I like the colours - I wish my efforts would come out so well. I was trying to decide if the difference in the colours above and below the rings in my image was real, but since your image shows it too, it must be!

Lovely image! What camera was it taken with?

Just a standard ToUcam 840K, although I did reflash it to use Colour Optimised Non-Raw mode using WcRmac.

Capture was done at 5 fps to avoid compression artefacts. I followed the advice I have read many times i.e. find a REALLY good frame as your reference and use a fair amount of frames in order to smooth things out, in this case about 600/1300.

Tony

Just a standard ToUcam 840K, although I did reflash it to use Colour Optimised Non-Raw mode using WcRmac.

Tony

Can you explain how I would go about doing the same to my unmodded Toucam?

All the information and links you need are on this site

http://www.astrosurf.com/astrobond/ebrawe.htm

but...PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER!!! It is possible to screw up your webcam if you don't follow the instuctions properly.

Tony

Archived