Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun in Ha (10/4/14) - After a little rest

DrRobin

Hi,

Mostly due to weather and partly due to work, the last time I took an image of the sun was on the 24/3/14 (11 days ago).  Still it is like riding a bike once you have done it for years you know why you eventually bought a car.

This is a close up of the western limb, looks like there are a few fireworks going on.  Taken at 08:30 with a Lunt 60 DS, 2x barlow and DMK41.  I took around 800 frames and stacked 15% in AS!2.

Full disc mosaic to follow.

Robin

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-10-4-14-20-2x

False [Techni) colour

Inverted then false

Thanks guys.

As promised the full disc, taken at 08:15 with 12 panes of 600 frames each, 15% of each pane stacked in AS!2 and stitched using Autostitch.  Despite some haze, it was very steady on the screen allowing me to capture a little more detail than is the norm.

I need some more clear weather, once every 11 days is not enough and I have agreed to do another solar observing demo at my local village show in September, got to hone my skills.

Robin

Sun-10-4-14-Auto-b.jpg

False colour

Sun-10-4-14-Auto-c.jpg

Inverted then false colour

Sun-10-4-14-Auto-ic.jpg

Lovely images, Robin, I think you are in a Ferrari there. :)

I love the firey look in the False (Techni) Colour as well.

I had a little bit of eyepiece time on the fireworks area, it was beautiful to look at. :laugh: The seeing seems to have been a bit funny our way over recent days. Often wobbly, but good detail when it settles briefly.

Thanks guys.

Luke, I would love a Ferrari, sadly the misses hates them and has baned me from even looking at them. The bank manager would side with her as well. Still we can always dream.

Anyone want to swap a little used Lunt 60 DS for a Ferrari? All models and ages considered.

Robin

Archived