Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars 08/04 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

Got cut short last night as my little girl was poorly - though much improved this morning.    A shame as the first and only run done on Mars was looking very promising - such is life!

Here's my straight RGB derotation in WJ:

post-26731-0-63674700-1397083006.png

Conditions actually look pretty good tonight, but can't chance it with work and a good chance of more sleep deprivation - though it pains to waste another opportunity :(

Nice image Jake!  :smiley:

Very nice.  Shame you couldn't get more.  Mars does seem to be far more hazy this apparition than I recall from last time.  I wonder if that's just my memory?

James

I'd agree with that James, I think I said somewhere before that I thought I remembered things being a bit more 'crisp' last time around. 

I'd agree with that James, I think I said somewhere before that I thought I remembered things being a bit more 'crisp' last time around. 

What has also struck me this apparition is that few images seem to show the limb "rind" artefact that seemed to be in so many images last apparition.  There was considerable discussion about it at the time, but it seems to be quite uncommon now and I don't recall anyone commenting on it.

James

Hi Jake hope all is well with the family :smiley:  I have three kids myself so can appreciate! An excellent Mars!

Best regards,

Ralph

Hi Jake hope all is well with the family :smiley: I have three kids myself so can appreciate! An excellent Mars!

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks Ralph - had to take daughter to hospital tonight. Shes in overnight for obs with mum. Should be fine once chest infection under control.

Thanks btw!

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Archived