NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Equipment Halt

Naemeth

In a few weeks some work is being done on the loft space which will inevitably bring up lots of dust, and I'm clearing the room to free up some space. As a result, I'm going to have to put on hold my plans for AP until about May time - the 10" dob may have to be stored elsewhere too as it is my only scope that won't go in a case :(.

The good news is once it's all done I'll have enough saved up to buy everything I've decided on and I can meaningfully say "no more" - until I move to a new place that is (at some point!). There will not be any space for anything else. I mean it this time ;).

In a few weeks some work is being done on the loft space which will inevitably bring up lots of dust, and I'm clearing the room to free up some space. As a result, I'm going to have to put on hold my plans for AP until about May time - the 10" dob may have to be stored elsewhere too as it is my only scope that won't go in a case :(.

The good news is once it's all done I'll have enough saved up to buy everything I've decided on and I can meaningfully say "no more" - until I move to a new place that is (at some point!). There will not be any space for anything else. I mean it this time ;).

I've heard it all before  :p

Nice one Jonathan, let's wait and see how long that lasts ;-). So we are soon to lose you to the dark side? Another promising visual observer lost to a life of staring and cursing at a screen processing ;-)

I can safely say I've sold more things than I've bought recently. The value may not quite equate but there are definitely more packages being posted than arriving which is pleasing Mrs Maksutov.

I'm enjoying my new decluttered approach, I've got less kit but it is the kit which I've wanted for ages.

I am hatching another plan currently which may involve rationalisation on the eyepiece front. Will tell all once it's come off. Then I shall be joining Jonathan on a kit buying moratorium, until I decide to break it! :-)

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave up buying Astro stuff for lent (even from the classifieds) :)

My wife gave up chocolate and cakes.

I did suggest that we could get round this pesky pledge by her buying astro stuff and me eating cakes. Problem solved!

Apparently, I've missed the whole point.

Paul

So we are soon to lose you to the dark side? Another promising visual observer lost to a life of staring and cursing at a screen processing ;-)

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to give up visual and I've no plans to do so. When I was at Olly's place I spent the first night mainly on visual, I did imaging too but couldn't have missed out on visual in skies like that ;).

Archived