NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first attempt at anything (Jupiter)

Was out last night and got to play with my new toy (an iNova PLB-Mx camera) for the first time.  Jupiter came out from behind the clouds, so that was my target.  Took quite a few videos, varying from 10 seconds to 45 seconds and attached is my best attempt at stacking / messing about with the image using Registax.  It isn't up to Hubble's standards, but I am quite pleased with it :).  I can quite easily see how people can get carried away with this imaging / post processing stuff, as I am dying to get back out there and get some more shots, with probably longer runs and playing about with the gain / exposure time settings, not to mention improving my focusing technique :rolleyes:.  I was not brave enough to put a Barlow on, or try out the filter wheel.  Think I have got to learn to walk before I go for a run :D.  Just need those clouds to [removed word] off now........

Capture_23_g_0134_12bJupiterlowframes_zp

Archived