Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Its here!

JimmyC

After an agonising wait for my kit to arrive, i tracked the delivery and found it had been delivered today :D Four giant boxes full of the astro goodies at long last.

I couldn't wait to get them opened up, so threw (not literally) everything onto my bed and got opening:

zkqvqe.jpg

And out of the boxes comes all of this!

2wd2fjq.jpg

I decided to get my first look at a large aperture refractor. This thing is an absolute beauty! It's enormous (my bed is a double for the scale, also threw my remote in there), weighs a good amount, but looks stunning in the black and gold dust livery it's supplied in. A real beefy OTA.

122zpxy.jpg

28jefdt.jpg

And OTA assembled - Considering that has a 9 x 50 finder.... Well you can imagine the beast's size.

33xzs07.jpg

I was very happy that a 2" Diagonal was supplied along with the 10mm and 25mm eyepieces. I was expecting it to come with a 2x Barlow, however the 200P came with this, which means i have the best of both worlds to start with :)

I then took a look at the 200P. Another fine example of a reflector. Not such a long tube, but a good helping of aperture. It almost looks 'disappointingly small' when next to the 6" frac.

kd4c28.jpg

They're both huge... I was expecting big, but couldn't picture 'this big'....

I then opened the HEQ5 Pro mount and tripod, but didn't get any separate pictures of these. I'm sure everybody knows what one looks like anyway.

But all in?? This is what I have ended up with. Nicely plumb in the middle of budget, and a huge grin on my face since i finished work and got home :) They have a lovely feel to them, a bit of kit that really will open up my eyes into the night skies once again. I cannot wait for first light and will post a good report from the heart of a reborn stargazer.

28w2rtt.jpg

Chuffed to bits! Now where is the portion of clear skies i ordered....?

Thank you for the full cloud cover, and pouring rain............ :mad: ............. :grin:

Nice kit, bet you can't wait.

Its raining here too but i didnt want to blame anyone that equipment has got to be worth at least a weeks worth of bad weather.

Alan

It's funny you should say that, as the sky over my village has cleared. I can see Jupiter glaring down at me and I'm so tempted to get the new stuff out, but i can't help but wait until the time is right. It's strange... I feel like first light with these telescopes is like losing their virginity :( It needs to be done properly! Sky is clear, but seeing is no good really.

Andrew, I should be on the floor as i value the 200P more than myself! It doesn't fit under the bed like the frac does so no place to store it other than 'on the floor' :( Poor old thing.

Baggy, it is a monster - try to see one in real life, theyre huge.

Brings back memories of unboxing my Skywatcher kit. I have the 200p (Dob) and Evostar 120. Great value for money IMHO and if my 120 is anything to go by the 150 should be brilliant.

I will get more pics up soon. The report will no doubt be soppy, what with me being reunited with 'real life' views of the objects in the universe. And yeah, this 150 should be amazing - I remember how pleased i was with the 120 when i used to own one - extra aperture  can only help!

Exactly! Its size is unbelievable until you've seen it for real. Couldn't believe how it made the 200P look, and that's not exactly some sort of dwarf.... I'm sure i'll see you at the dark site at some point matey :)

Anyway i'm sat outside in the garden now with the scope set up having taken a few pictures. Wishing hard for the clouds to at least thin and disperse - All i want to see is Jupiter and i'll be a happy bunny.

A few pics:

5a0589.jpg

m81oxv.jpg

14r9yh.jpg

33ma3hu.jpg

And for some scale.... My brother is 6'2"....

24mf72x.jpg

Now there's a clear patch approaching... Come this way please!

Archived