Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What is your most used eyepiece and why?

iam4208

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian,

My most used eyepiece is the 28mm Skywatcher Nirvana, in fact, I even used it in YOUR scope at last weeks session to nicely frame the Leo triplet of galaxies!

Lol, Lorne, you were lucky to get it back, but as you can see, I'm thinking seriously about eyepiece upgrades.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is my MaxVision 40mm 68°. This is right on the limits of just about everything on my SW 200p dob but mainly exit pupil (6.6mm) and weight (this thing is huuuuge). The views are outstanding and it is wonderful for a dobs forte of just cruising the sky.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

At this moment in time I would have to say my most used eyepiece is a Meade 8-24mm zoom, simply because I can dial a magnification, it's sharp, there are no balancing issues, but most of all it's so convenient to use with my grab and go scopes.

Has to be my baader hyperion zoom , great for aligning scope, you can dial in the best mag for the seeing to get the most detail from DSO or planets and the Barlow is great. If I'm observing grab and go one eyepiece in the scope and Barlow in the pocket . Again for solar scope only this eyepiece needed .

Mine has changed recently from the 17.3 Delos to the 9mm & 12mm Vixen SLV's :smiley:

Why ? A change of scope from an SCT to a refractor, resulting in greater sky coverage and the difference makes up for the loss of 22 degrees FOV from the eyepiece.

Also the clarity of the views the eyepieces deliver are top class :smiley:

It all depends on which scope I'm using and which object I'm looking at but the eyepieces that I like and generally get most use include:

13mm Ethos, 24mm and 35mm Panoptics, and Baader 8-24mm Zoom. :)

(Oh and the 2x Powermate)

I mostly use a 10mm Ethos with a Paracorr II. Fantastic combination on planets and DSOs. I have many other eyepieces but Televue are the best, Ethos and Naglers perfect in my Dobs.

post-18787-0-36302400-1398945296_thumb.j

Archived