old school celestron mod?

geoman77

Greetings and salutations to all!

I have an old school 1970s 8 inch celestron se with an ac powered equatorial mount.

I love the old gal but I was wondering if and how I could upgrade it to a contemporary horseshoe goto mount.

or should I sell it?

just dunno.....

I live in south eastern british columbia canada - its about 3 hours north of spokane wa. Mountainous region, with a decent ecliptic view.

thanks for sny info

Geo

Hi Geo, while I can't help you on your dilemma, I just wanted to say a big hello and welcome to SGL - Someone will be along soon to answer your question. If not, then post it in the appropriate main forum, as opposed to the welcome section and someone will definitely pick up on it!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi and a warm welcome to the Lounge. You will get more response if you raise this topic in the Equipment/Discussions - Mount section.

A C8 expert will point you in the correct direction for the changes you require.

cheers

Steve

Archived