NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tut, tut, tut, oh dear...... :(

kirkster501

You see, there's this thing called a cooler on a CCD!!!!! Shame I did not turn it on until I realised after doing three hours of Ha capture last night. Oh well, this can be my "play" Ha set, never done Ha before.

Dear me......

It seems opportunities for imaging have been so rare of late that I'm considering writing myself checklists so I don't forget things when I do eventually get out.  Last night I had more than one "Oh, I forgot to do X" moment, to the point where I started setting everything up from scratch again.  And then it went really cloudy :(

James

It seems opportunities for imaging have been so rare of late that I'm considering writing myself checklists so I don't forget things....

James

Tell me about it.  So rare we get chance to set up.  I went nine weeks nearly without setting up once and one gets rusty with the procedure.  A check list is a great idea.  But blokes don"t "do" lists and documentation/instructions do we!

Tell me about it.  So rare we get chance to set up.  I went nine weeks nearly without setting up once and one gets rusty with the procedure.  A check list is a great idea.  But blokes don"t "do" lists and documentation/instructions do we!

I have a memory like, ermm, one of those things with lots of holes in.  I write lists :)

James

But blokes don"t "do" lists and documentation/instructions do we!

Don't worry we won't tell anyone. :smile:

Things are not too bad now I have the observatory but back in the old days when I had to take everything outside and put it all together, a list was essential otherwise I was bound to forget something in between the long gaps between clear nights.  Even with the observatory I have a heavily annotated list to hand just to be on the safe side.

Archived