NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello everyone...

JustJohn

New guy here checking in from Texas. Had found Cloudynights and been browsing there, signed up and after my first post they changed the site and I don't like the new format so searched for a new forum and found y'all so here I am! Looks like a great site here, glad to be aboard.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh forgot to ad that I'm not an experienced star gazer, I have had a couple small dept store telescopes that I never had much luck with but this Christmas my wife bought me an Orion XT10g and that opened up a whole new world for me. Wow, what a difference! Talk about getting the bug, I've already picked up a CPC 800 locally to see if I would like an SCT, love it so now I'm saving up for a CPC 1100 HD. 

Oh forgot to ad that I'm not an experienced star gazer, I have had a couple small dept store telescopes that I never had much luck with but this Christmas my wife bought me an Orion XT10g and that opened up a whole new world for me. Wow, what a difference! Talk about getting the bug, I've already picked up a CPC 800 locally to see if I would like an SCT, love it so now I'm saving up for a CPC 1100 HD. 

May I ask for how long you have had your cpc800 before deciding going for 1100?

welcome from Pennsylvania ..a lot of nice folks here ..

mike h

May I ask for how long you have had your cpc800 before deciding going for 1100?

Only had it for a couple weeks, I picked up a used one locally to make sure I'd like the different style of the SCT vs Newt and I do. Plan to keep the Orion as well that way my wife and I both can sit out back and enjoy the view. She says she enjoys it a lot more if she can control her own scope and look at what she likes for as long as she likes. I know, a little overboard but that's usually how I tend to do things. I've been wanting an Edge 1100 for a while so thought I'd make sure I liked SCT's before I jumped in on a new one.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and decided to join up! There's loads of great folks on here, so pull up a chair, hold on tight and enjoy the ride :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived