Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81/82 Deep, deeper, deepest... 34.5 hours...

Avdhoeven

A while back I made images of M81/M82 and combined those with images of Michael Van Doorn. This image asked for more detail and I wanted to try to show these two galaxies in their full glory. I found a great image of Neil Fleming and after contact with him we decided to combine our imagery in one new image. This increased the detail in the IFN significantly and also the galaxies showed up very nicely. Also a small amount of HST data was combined in the image to increase the resolution in the galaxy cores. 
All critics are very welcome as I want to make the best image possible of these two galaxies, as I do like them very much...
The division of the imagery in the image is more or less as follows:
My data: 40%
Neil Fleming: 35%
Michael van Doorn: 20%
HST-data: 5%
12889808463_d64445ec7c.jpg

If found that I could reach almost the same result without HST using some more processing, so now it's purely amateur imagery:

12889808463_042eca36d6.jpg

Nice! I like that much better! It keeps Things on "amateur" Territory! :)

Somehow I have mixed feelings about people using Hubble data in their images, as it feels a bit like cheating and detracts from the result and hard work you put into it with your own data.

Most of the time it also gives an unnatural look, due to the insane resolution difference.

Nice! I like that much better! It keeps Things on "amateur" Territory! :)

Somehow I have mixed feelings about people using Hubble data in their images, as it feels a bit like cheating and detracts from the result and hard work you put into it with your own data.

Most of the time it also gives an unnatural look, due to the insane resolution difference.

:Envy:  Amateur!!!!!

I'm not sure if i OWNED the Hubble space telescope that i could do that well

Archived