Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Do you name your scopes?

Hitesh

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only got two, one's a frac and one's a newt so I call them.....the frac and the newt although if I'm talking to my (astronomically apathetic) wife its usually the little one or the big one. :D

Yes, I'm not ashamed to say it.  :smiley:

My cpc800 is Bertha, it was Coehorn for a while as it reminded me of the Coehorn mortar used in the american civil war but Bertha seemed to fit its character better.

The celestron and skywatcher 102mm's are named lifty and shifty after characters from a disturbing cartoon called happy tree friends.

My Meade is called R2D2 for fairly obvious reasons.

At least that's what he's called till I can find some brackets and de-fork it to put on my pier and NEQ6. My TAL 100 is known as 'the drainpipe' as that's what my sister thought it was when she saw it.

12852951255_8e924cd138.jpg

My Meade is called R2D2 for fairly obvious reasons.

At least that's what he's called till I can find some brackets and de-fork it to put on my pier and NEQ6. My TAL 100 is known as 'the drainpipe' as that's what my sister thought it was when she saw it.

12852951255_8e924cd138.jpg

snap!

post-6284-0-30771000-1393701451_thumb.jp

As per signature, the big one is "Wallace" and the little one is "Gromit".  I am on the lookout for some suitable stickers to decorate them.  This does mean that any future purchases will have to have a Wallace & Gromit themed name, but there are plenty of characters to choose from.

Archived