hi all from leeds

yeadon

i have been reading this excellent forum for about a month now and thought it was time to say hello. i have since as small as i can remember looked at the night sky and thought wow, and so in october last year after much research i took the plunge and bought a sky watcher 200p dob  and a cheshire collimating eyepiece, i soon worked out the finder scope was no good for me, it was the magnification, i sort of knew where i wanted to look but looking through it  presented me with far too many stars that i couldn,t see with the eye alone so i bought a telrad and since it was christmas  i bought a bresser spl 26mm ep.

since buying the scope i have managed to see andromeda, jupiter,the moon and looked at the pleiades all with the stock ep  not really had chance withe the new ep as the clouds and rain are relentless here. on the ep i have bought can any one tell me if it is ok or should i have bought something else or another brand.

thanks 

duncan

Hi Duncan, welcome to SGL :)

The Bresser is a fairly standard, good value Plössl. If you want to stick with Plössls then the Vixen NPL is much better quality and value.  Longer eye relief eyepieces such as the BST Explorer or Celestron X-Cel, are a little bit more expensive but much more comfortable to use at shorter focal lengths. Prices go up a lot from there and so does the quality. Have a read of this thread http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/43171-eyepieces-the-very-least-you-need/  - it contains a lot of information about choosing eyepieces.

Archived