Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Kansas and comet awards for you comet chasers

kcstargu

Greetings from Kansas!javascript:void(0);

While looking for software for stacking , I came upon your boards. Very nice! I am in Olathe, KS near Kansas City and a member of Astronomical Society of Kansas City. My photo of the 2001 eclipse was features in Astronomy magazine. I am also a stormchaser and am interested in extrasolar planets, comets, meteorites and more. I have several blogs. If you have a good comet pic send it to me and I will place it on my comet blog. Also my EOAS blog continues to have a lot of information weekly.

I am also the Comet Observers Award Coordinator for the Astronomical League. If you are a comet chaser and either photograph (regular or CCD) or sketch comets and am a AL member (though your local club) you can gain a silver comet observer award with a gorgeous certificate and beautiful comet observers pin. Go to websites below for further information and/or contact me by emai. I also have a free email newsletter called Black Sun eclipse which anyone can sign up for (eclipse , space, solar system and more ).

Dr. Eric Flescher (kcstarguy@aol.com), Olathe, KS: Lat 38.834, Lon -94.778: Nature's Greatest Spectacle- 2008 & 2009 Total Eclipse- Winco Eclipse Tours, Inc.:www.eclipsetrips.com: Comet Observers Award Coordinator- Astronomical League / Astronomical Society of Kansas, KC, MO-Louisburg,KS: http://www.astroleague.org/al/obsclubs/comet/comet.htm: Comet Observers Blog: http://cometobservers.blogspot.com/:Subscribe to Comet Observers newsletter (send your email to):CometObserversAwardAL-subscribe@yahoogroups.com : : Eclipse sightings > http://eclipse-sightings.blogspot.com/: E.O.A.S. (Earth, Oceans, Atmosphere and Space) Blog -<http://eoas-dreric1kansas.blogspot.com/>:State of Kansas-JPL NASA Solar System Ambassador: #2572 IMCA

Welcome to SGL Dr. Flescher, nice to have you here.

We have plenty of storms over here, and I wish somebody would come, and chase them somewhere else, because astronomy from a pracrical point of view is almost at a standstill.

We have a Countryman of yours here, although not from the same State. I am sure he will introduce himself as soon as he knows you are on board. I am sure you will have a lot to contribute, we have a lot of people just starting out, so they are hungry for knowledge.

Best Wishes.

Ron. :D

Great to have you aboard

I am sure I have come across your name before, it must be from back in the Eclipse '99 days. I set up a UK website called eclipmania and sure we exchanged one or two emails.

Anyways, a warm welcome to SGL.

Matt

Just had a look around your webpages with the panoramic views of the Meteor crater and mount saint Helens

Did they move Meteor Crater and Mt. St. Helens to Kansas? When was this done? How? And why wasn't I informed? :insects1:

Hello Dr. Flescher. I'm over here in Arizona, south of Phoenix. (I may be the countryman Ron mentioned, but there are a couple others as well.)

Welcome to SGL! It's a great group. :D

Just had a look around your webpages with the panoramic views of the Meteor crater and mount saint Helens

Did they move Meteor Crater and Mt. St. Helens to Kansas? When was this done? How? And why wasn't I informed? :insects1:

Hello Dr. Flescher. I'm over here in Arizona, south of Phoenix. (I may be the countryman Ron mentioned, but there are a couple others as well.)

Welcome to SGL! It's a great group. :D

Yup, you're the man I was referring to AM. :rolleyes:

Archived