Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How could this happen?!!

My UHC-S filter somehow got stuck into the 1.25" to 2" adapter...I did that several times before, but last night when I tried to remove the filter it was impossibly stuck. Can't even budge it. Hilarious!!

What are the odds of this is happening?! LOL... And no, it didn't tighten very hard to begin with...still weird how this is happened though. :D

post-27451-0-89349000-1385899082_thumb.j

It's too tight, I tried tapping and unscrewing..couldn't move it at all. I'll run some hair dryer hot  air on the adapter and see if I can get it to expand a bit. It might help. Otherwise, I'll need another adapter and another filter since I can't use the current accidental combination with 2" eyepieces. :)

Exactly the same thing happens all the time with my UHC-S filter on my diagonal Emad.

I only do the thing up lightly, finger-tight and it becomes imposiible to budge aven a bit no matter how force I use.

I've found the trick is to use as little force as possible using just the tips of my fingers. If it doesn't budge just move the fingers around the circumference of the filter slightly and repeat until works. The trick is to use as little effort as possible.

Anodised aluminium threads tend to be very "grabby", it pays to apply a minimum amount of boot polish, vaseline or similar "lubricant" to the threads. Next, thoroughly wipe it off, the amount that you then leave on is enough to stop them sticking again.  :smiley:

Anodised aluminium threads tend to be very "grabby", it pays to apply a minimum amount of boot polish, vaseline or similar "lubricant" to the threads. Next, thoroughly wipe it off, the amount that you then leave on is enough to stop them sticking again.  :smiley:

Might something dry like graphite be a good option?

Archived