Hello from Southern Colorado

rocky_mountain_tinkerer

Hi all,

I have been interested in astronomy since I was a kid back in the seventies. My Dad was quite knowledgable and showed me a lot back then, and were actually going to build a telescope together, but he passed away, life moved on - marriage, college, job, kids and I got away from astronomy for quite a long time. I am now counting down towards retirement and starting to really get back in to it, especially imaging. Right now I am just using a DSLR and a home made barn dorr tracker, but will be looking at a decent telescope in the next couple of years.

This is a great forum - I'm happy to have found it and have read a lot of interesting posts and gotten a lot of good information. I'm very fortunate to live in a place that I can drive for about ten minutes to find a very low light pollution area. At some point I guess I'd like to share my experiences with my barn door tracker construction - I assume the DIY Astronomer forum would be the place to post something like that?

Anyway, thanks for having this forum, and if I commit any faux pas errors, please excuse me in advance - it's only because I'm new to the forum. :)

David

Archived