Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ISS passing Comet ISON

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tingting44- thank you, yes when we saw the ISS coming over we did wonder, time to rise above the horizon change daily and the comet is also moving downwards so you're always going to be chasing it before dawn breaks, on wednesday morning it was 3.40 but these shots were taken well after 4.30, the last one I took was 5.45, there are lots of information on the net about ISON at the moment, but Stellarium is tracking ISON

@Mel- yes it was a cracking morning great fun and lots to do

@Mark- yes lol about 10 feet from eachother

Very cool!  Here I am, excited that I might get a chance to spot the ISS for the first time, during the first clear night in a week, while y'all get a shot of the ISS AND ISON, another object I've yet to spot.  I am super jealous!

There is an app for iPhone called iss visibility which really helps work out when it's best to go looking for iss in your area.

I usually use Satellite Flybys to follow when it's coming, just never had clear sky to see it.  But last night it helped - Got my first images of the ISS (or rather its trail across the sky) last night.

http://spaceweather.com/flybys/

• 1 month later...

Archived