Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Re-processed Version of Super Widefield around Perseus

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that's an excellent widefield image Kevin. The comet is quite prominent along with the pleiades, the h & x double cluster between Perseus and Casseiopia. If I am not mistaken I see M31 too top right.

Lovely picture. Never tire of looking at these. They are a great aid to learning the sky once you can Identify what's there.

Ron.

As a total novice, I can see the Seven Sisters, I think.

Would anyone care to 'label' the picture and help a newbie out? :rolleyes:

Try this (it might not be that accurate but I think it's ok):

2966_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

cheers

Sam

That is a great image. I gave myself a pat on the back when I realised that I knew what I was looking at and how many objects I could recognise. Have to admit I missed M34 and M35, but I managed everything else. Chuffed!

Incredible how much we learn in a short period of time. Thanks for posting it, it has really cheered me up.

JV :D:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's a stunning picture Kevin! you should be very proud. so much detail!! I can even spot NGC 1647 and NGC 1746 in Taurus (both are on an imaginary line between Alpha and Beta Taurae), and NGC 752 between Triangulum and Andromeda (on an imaginary line from Pinwheel to Almach, gama Andromedae). Ant to go into very very small details, I could swear I can see NGC 663 left from Cassiopea or even CR 463 at the very top of it :rolleyes:. Or I just let my imagination to take over :D

Marius

Kevin

It's an excellent pic. :D

What I have found fascinating is the dark clouds of the milky way.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian

Heres a version of the same picture tweaked by MartinB that shows the dark lanes even more. Thanks Martin for doing that.

2985_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

Regards

Kevin

• 1 month later...

Archived