Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Re-processed Version of Super Widefield around Perseus

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kevin - Great pic

Hope you don't mind but I had a go at using the SBLUR command in IRIS on your pic and here's the result.

RB

I think that looses some detail in M31 and Holmes and looks a little overprocessed

I guess it's a matter of personal taste :D - realised that my tweak needs to be viewed enlarged to get a good comparison.

cheers

RB

Kevin, I think you have pulled down the background sky glow very nicely and got it about right. My attempt is a little over cooked but I was aiming to pull out the dust lanes, wanted to get a bit of brown colouration but didn't succeed! You still ahave gradient around the milky way at the top of the image which would be dealt with nicely by gradient exterminator.

Roy, I think your monitor needs calibrating, I suspect that what should be showing black is probably looking grey. Although the process you have done will look great on your screen it is very black and clipped here. I also suspect that the background on Kevins image looks to bright on your screen. Just a thought

Kevin, I think you have pulled down the background sky glow very nicely and got it about right. My attempt is a little over cooked but I was aiming to pull out the dust lanes, wanted to get a bit of brown colouration but didn't succeed! You still ahave gradient around the milky way at the top of the image which would be dealt with nicely by gradient exterminator.

Roy, I think your monitor needs calibrating, I suspect that what should be showing black is probably looking grey. Although the process you have done will look great on your screen it is very black and clipped here. I also suspect that the background on Kevins image looks to bright on your screen. Just a thought

Martin

Had another look at this and I think the levels I took for this were too aggressive - hence the dark appearance. Had another go using the same technique but with adjusted levels.

See what you think?

cheers

RB

post-13528-133877338122_thumb.jpg

Archived