Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello To All.......

bbg404

Morning every one just came accross this site as ive been searching the web more and more for information about whats out there!!

I must be honest Astronomy never has interested me and its only really gripped me this year for 2 reasons, i had an amazing star gazing experiance while on holiday in Sharm and a friend showered me what an SLR camera and 300mm lens can do with the moon. As one of my hobbys is photography i thought id try getting some pics of the moon which ive done but now i need more..........

So im completely new to this but i want a telescope mostly for looking but potentionally piggy backing the slr to it.

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you feel your interests in astronomy are leaning towards the imaging side of things, may I suggest you purchase Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" as it will tell you all you need to know and what kit to get to be able to produce good consistent images. It's a comprehensive manual and will help you save money by helping you avoid buying the wrong kit as the technical needs of a good visual scope are different to those that are ideal for imaging. The book is relatively inexpensive and is easy to understand and will certainly provide you with a solid basis to take your interest further.

Clear skies for now and hope you enjoy participating in the forum.

James

Archived