NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heyo from Stroud, Gloucestershire!

Keagle

Hey there!

I'm a...budding astronomer, or so I think! I'm currently in the process of deciding the gear, but I'm loving just going out and taking the odd snap, and just staring at the sky taking note of the various constellations and exciting stuff! :shock:. I'm only 14, but thankfully I've found a hobby that has interested me long-term, and I haven't even got my own telescope yet. Yet! 'Tis all in the process. Anyway, I came here from Cloudy Nights, and so far both forums have been very, very helpful. Though I think I prefer this one, simply because a large proprtion of the userbase seems to be in the UK. :lol: I'm jealous of the American's having good conditions while I stare miserably out the window at the rain. :rolleyes: At least here you guys will be miserable too! :D

Clear skies, I believe is the ending note for Astronomers...no? :(

Kurt

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not wrong there mate, welcome to the forum Kurt.

Karlo

Thank you for your welcome Karlo! :( Clear skies then :lol:

Hi kurt,

Welcome to the forum.

What telescope plans have you got in mind then?

Anthony

Thanks Anthony! I'm planning, fingers crossed, to get a Skywatcher 80ED Pro, or Equinox 80ED. On a EQ-6 Pro! This long-term interest

has made me save my money rather than spending it on minor things! :clouds1:

Welcome to SGL Kurt :clouds1:.

Tony..

Thank you Tony! I'm glad I'm here :clouds1:

Welcome to SGL Kurt, there's certainly plenty of discussion about the weather!

Thanks Lightbucket! Rightly so, 'tis rather...depressing! :D I'm hoping when I get my scope the weather will clear up for me, to make up for being miserable. :rolleyes:

Welcome, Kurt.

Many MOONS ago when I was your age, I would of been blessing my lucky STARS, thinking what scope to have and what accessories to add. Theres so much on offer for you to choose these days and there so easy to aquire, with the internet and alike.

Have fun and good luck!

Rob

That set up is a great way to start. The eq6 pro is quite fine. There is a lot of user experience based info out there which is worth having a good read of.

I have popped along to the Cotswold meets a few times and alway found them really useful. They are worth checking out if you get the chance.

Anthony

Welecome to SGL Keagle. I'm based near to Stroud too. Why not join the Cotswold Astronomy Society which meets on the second Saturday every month at the Shurdington Village Hall Near Cheltenham.

regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin!

I was just about to PM you about CAS! Thank you for your welcome :lol: I'll finish off that PM!

Welcome, Kurt.

Many MOONS ago when I was your age, I would of been blessing my lucky STARS, thinking what scope to have and what accessories to add. Theres so much on offer for you to choose these days and there so easy to aquire, with the internet and alike.

Have fun and good luck!

Rob

Thanks Rob! Hehe - I like the use of the terms! I'm loving it, and sifting through reviews and pictures of certain scopes and mounts makes me even more enthusiastic for when I pick up mine! :D

That set up is a great way to start. The eq6 pro is quite fine. There is a lot of user experience based info out there which is worth having a good read of.

I have popped along to the Cotswold meets a few times and alway found them really useful. They are worth checking out if you get the chance.

Anthony

Cheers Anthony! I'll have a look at the info and get a good read. Oo, I shall make sure I get to at least one, and perhaps see you there? :rolleyes:

Many thanks to all of you for the welcome :(

Hi. Kurt, welcome to the SGL Forum, and I am pleased you didn't just blindly rush off and buy a scope that might have destroyed you hobby before it got off the ground. Choosing a telescope is a serious business, and definitely not a task to be hurried.

I am sure you will choose wisely, you are a sensible guy. If you should need advice or help, just put your questions up on here.

Ron. :rolleyes:

Hi. Kurt, welcome to the SGL Forum, and I am pleased you didn't just blindly rush off and buy a scope that might have destroyed you hobby before it got off the ground. Choosing a telescope is a serious business, and definitely not a task to be hurried.

I am sure you will choose wisely, you are a sensible guy. If you should need advice or help, just put your questions up on here.

Ron. :rolleyes:

Hey Ron! I'm glad I didn't too, though I'm not sure much could dampen my spirits, though I do agree it would have been a bit of a blow! Thank you very, very much for your confidence and willingness to help :lol:

A very big welcome to you Kurt :rolleyes:, and thanks for the chat my friend, keep in touch :thumbup:

Also take your time choosing on your scope there is a lot of naff stuff out there.

I wish you all the best and happy new year.

Bernie.

:lol:

Thanks Bernie! And thank you too for the chat. :D I'll make sure I do - I haven't got the money yet, should get it by around the end of January, so I've got a while to choose! :(

Hi Kurt,

Welcome to SGL.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks Ian! :clouds1:

Archived