Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Triangulum M33 From Kelling Heath Star Party

badgers

Friday and Saturday nights were a write off for imaging for me, but I stuck it out for one more clear night at Kelling Heath and moved to the South overflow field which seemed to be imaging central on Sun night.

I tried M33 earlier in the year and was happy with the result from Light Polluted city skies.

But I'm blown away with how this looks from dark skies, particularly the results from the colour filters.

180 minutes Luminance (10 min 1x1)

100 minutes each of R,G,B (10 min 1x1)

Altair Wave Series 80/480, Atik 460ex. (click for full size)

10153510234_f4fbb4b841_b.jpg

Very simple processing on this.

Any comments on the processing most welcome, its very easy to push this one too far.

Thanks,

Anton

Great to meet you Anton - fantastic result on M33 - I'm slowly processing my results and have to admit the difference it significant at a dark sky site - so much so it makes me wonder if I should bother from a town :-)

David

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did play some more with the processing but am pretty happy with the result as it stands.

Sanddune, was really nice to meet you. I was tempted by the Altair you were using, but that'll have to wait until I've got my widefield setup working. Looking forward to seeing your results when they are ready. They had a demo model for sale at -20% list price.... I'm glad I left my credit cards at home.

I think I'll mostly work on narrowband at home from city skies and spend the £10 on petrol to get out to darkest suffolk or west cambridgeshire for RGB stuff from now on.

This image might benefit from another 8 hours of dark sky data. I tried to add the 8 hours from the city but the results of the integration looked awful, probably need to tweak pixinsight if I'm combining noisy city data and rich dark sky data.

Sorry I missed you Steve would have been good to catch up. I had to beat a hasty retreat from the trade stands as my wallet was beginning to loosen : )

We still need to find a decent dark site near Cambridge / Newmarket.

Going to kelling has really shown me that I need to get out of the city.

Archived