SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They may have ruined it down there but they have cleared th skies up here in Kielder!

Have a look at this wide field with Andromeda, Lovejoy, Pleiades, double cluster and much more! clear as a bell out there tonight ;)

post-22085-0-20151500-1423430143_thumb.j

It was a nice clear sky here in South Yorkshire, took the kids out at 6:35 tonight to watch the ISS go over, then just did a general tour of the stars and constellations with them, my daughter loves the stars, she knows the plough in ursa major, caster and pollux in gemini, orion,the pliedes, cassiopeia. we have also taken a look at jupiter, venus and mars recently. shes 7 and only recently started showing a keen interest in the subject.

No problem, people keep buying equipment down here and attracting the clouds so its about the only Astronomy I can do for tonight!

So its off to bed but one good bit of news the new lap has worked brilliant and the mirror is polishing out with the hazy patch in the middle gone after another 5 hours of work this weekend.

May want some more polishing but I'm going to test it tomorrow then its onto John for his opinion and if I can go onto the next stage.

No problem, people keep buying equipment down here and attracting the clouds so its about the only Astronomy I can do for tonight!

So its off to bed but one good bit of news the new lap has worked brilliant and the mirror is polishing out with the hazy patch in the middle gone after another 5 hours of work this weekend.

May want some more polishing but I'm going to test it tomorrow then its onto John for his opinion and if I can go onto the next stage.

Great news on the polishing Damian, hope John agree to move to the next stage. I'll try to pop around this week to have a look, :)

Good morning everyone,
Unfortunately the committee has had to reschedule the societies annual general meeting. We did not realise the original date fell in the february half term holiday and as such, many of the members are unable to attend and getting access to Horbury Academy would be difficult.
As its very important to get as many members as possible to attend the AGM, we have rescheduled it to Thursday 26th February.

website and social media will get updated shortly.

looking at the tv forecast today, there might be more cloud at winscarr than barnsley area during the first half of the night, then clearing most places after midnight. thats if you believe the forecast in the first place

showing zero cloud cover on 3 of the weather sites I use until midnight,

defo going out tonight, but not sure i can be bothered going all the way to winscarr. So if anyone fancies somewhere closer, let me know;

The bbc weather site says its thick cloud tonight! im not sure where that bbc site gets its info from at times lol

Archived