NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, only just finished processing the stuff I captured from last night!

Planetary Composite 18 04 2014

Winscar Reservoir 18/04/2014 Startrail

Enjoyed the evening a lot, but still a bit tired today. If I go out tonight then it'll be outside the flat and not to Winscar.

Last night I managed 14 galaxies, 2 open clusters, a nebula Saturn and mars was a great night to say I wasn't 100% concentrating on it.

Shame the BBC got the forecast wrong leigh as it looks great out there and better than last night too

didn't get the scope out but was playing about with my old Samsung  point and shoot digital camera, shoved it on a tripod and set ISO to max and exposure to lowest setting:

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=820AB1035DF82FA1&resid=820AB1035DF82FA1%212175&authkey=AL3QpwrlTUeB2tQ" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

August - No specific meeting due to summer holidays - but we are looking at going to the 22nd - 24th August Star Party at the Dark Sky Discovery Site of Dalby Forest.

Just an update for you Nick and everyone else at WADAS.  Over 50% of the pitches for #DalbyStarfest14 have already been sold and bookings are arriving daily so I advise booking soon if you are intending on a group visit.  Will be good to see a group from your newly formed society visiting probably the darkest sky in Yorkshire.

Archived