Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

I should be there for about 6.30 as well...

Leigh I have had a thought and it might be that you need an extension tube for the eyepiece focuser as you would still get a reasonable focus even with poor collimation.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leigh I have had a thought and it might be that you need an extension tube for the eyepiece focuser as you would still get a reasonable focus even with poor collimation.

am going to try to make it tonight let you guys have a look at it,  depends if I can catch some sleep during the day as I start work at 4am

Could be spot on there soupy.Also wonder if the focuser is travelling full amount? What eye pieces as if they are the 2" ones definitely need the extension piece.

Excellent photo Paul. I didn't see it.

It wasn't naked eye unless you were far north. I have seen it before naked eye many years ago in my child hood at flamborough head whilst on the beach and the image is still very vivid.

Most of the night there was just a dim glow on the horizon which yes which didn't amount to much but this particular flare up listed about 2 mins or so and the red could def be seen, but was still quite faint :-)

Could be spot on there soupy.Also wonder if the focuser is travelling full amount? What eye pieces as if they are the 2" ones definitely need the extension piece.

All my Eye pieces are 1.25 inch ones,  I have the 10mm and 25mm that came with the scope, plus the revelation kit.

The problem is the same as when I met up with Keiran at winscarr before Christmas, we couldn't adjust it because the centre screw on the secondary was wrecked, have now replaced that, and only tried to adjust things using afilm canister,which is why I think its collimation issues

If you can make it tonight we'll have a go and see Leigh. I have a 1.25" extension which I need to use on the guide scope but we can try it to see if that is the issue, and I am sure there will be no end of people to help collimate if as well :-)

Brilliant, it may be cloudy tonight, if it is we will still be meeting but may have to postpone the Jupiter observing until Wednesday which is planned to be a little less wet and cloudy. :-)

Sorry James yes bring the membership money if you wish, I am not sure if Steve is coming along or not but I can take it for you. Have you been given a membership card yet?

Nick can you bring a few if you have any knocking about please.

Soupy

I'm sat in the garden tonight. Been having alook at a few things. Tried to show the kids the supernova in M82 but from my garden it looks nowhere near as good as it did at Winscarr! Having a go at imaging Jupiter the GRS is due to transit later I think.

Archived