SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Atik cameras with integrated filter wheel

FLO

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately not, I was hoping for more detail in their newsletter too. Sorry. 

No worries, thank you for confirming :)

All I want is the 694/814 sensor, less than 55mm total back focus and confirmation that there will be an integrated OAG option at a later date and I'd pre order one right now :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone at FLO has an insight on latest ETA for these CCDs?  Thanks

I spoke with them earlier today Alistair. Their plans are relatively unchanged so the smaller model with the 6mp Sony sensor (694) will be first to be released. They will make an official announcement later this month or early January, the camera will then be available a week or so later.

The larger model will launch sometime in the 1st quarter of 2014 and will feature the 29 Mp Kodak 29050 sensor with 5 µM pixels. Following that the larger model will also be available with 11 Mp and 16 Mp sensors from the same Kodak family. 

HTH, 
Steve 

I've had a quick scan of this thread and can't see mention of dimensions, in particular the back focus distance.  These cameras, particularly the Sony 694/814 version should be good on the Esprit 80ED and other similar scopes if they have a short enough back focus.  It should be possible to get a shorter back focus by combining FW and camera than EFW2 plus camera separately.  That should allow the use of an OAG for anyone who wants to.  I know OAGs come into their own on longer FL scopes but have an advantage on shorter refractors by simplifying mounting arrangements.

An all in one box is a great way to go, hence my recent QSI purchase, however work is still needed on a standardized connection, interfacing scopes to cameras and flattners still has way to many options.

I think my way forward will be custom mount plates on the camera

We won't have final dimensions until they are officially released Gina :smiley:

We are also looking forward to when they release matching off axis guiders. They are currently in development. 

Thank you Steve :)  Releasing matching OAGs - interesting :)

I've yet to work out if I can add a built-in OAG to my debayered DSLR/FW setup.  If I make my own OAG, I'll need to source a tiny prism.  No doubt easier to mount a lens for guiding :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The larger model will launch sometime in the 1st quarter of 2014 and will feature the 29 Mp Kodak 29050 sensor with 5 µM pixels. Following that the larger model will also be available with 11 Mp and 16 Mp sensors from the same Kodak family. 

HTH, 
Steve 

Swoon!!!  If they make this camera work it will the dream of every FSQ106 owner in the world to buy one. Full frame format as with the 11 meg but with 3.5 arcseconds per pixel coming down to just under two. Fabulous. Still fast but with so much more resolution. Probably time to buy a new PC though! 29 meg  :BangHead:  :blob1: 

Olly

Atik 460 prices now reduced, paving the way for a launch of the new CCDs. Any update on availability yet? Thx.

I had the same thought ...

Astrofest then? ;)

There will be some new models on show at the Atik stall at Astrofest :smiley:

We hope also to be posting details here at SGL tomorrow or Thursday and are confident at least one new model is ready for launch so will be available to order very soon. 

Steve 

We have received details of the first of the new models with integrated filter wheel together with a special launch price. We also have details of a little something extra that took us by surprise... 

Unfortunately Atik want to launch the camera at Astrofest so have imposed an embargo on us dealers until midday Friday. Sorry  :blush:

The camera will be displayed at Atik's stall at Astrofest and can be pre-ordered at our website Friday. Deliveries should commence March. 

We are genuinely excited about this new camera, Atik's best so far, and are looking forward to posting details, photos and a price  :smile:

Steve 

Go on, you know you want to...... ;-)

Oh I do, I really do, but they have been quite specific about the embargo so I had better behave :smiley:

To be fair I can understand their excitement, they really have hit the nail on the head with this new model so I can't blame them for wanting to be the first to show it off at a public event. 

Archived