Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Atik cameras with integrated filter wheel

FLO

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Steve. I was going to get the 383 as I am currently using a SW200p and Canon 200mm lens for shooting with. My only concern is with the 200p and the smaller chip/pixels. Do you think this would pose problems?

I see what you mean because both cameras are at the over-sampling end of the scale when used with your 200p. But you do have the option of binning if you want to go deeper with less resolution and experience suggests both cameras will work well at full resolution at 1m focal length. The Atik 383 is a lot of camera for the money but the Atik One (or Atik 460EX) with the Sony ICX694 sensor will provide cleaner images that are easier to process. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• 3 weeks later...

I am quite tempted by the package offer but the guider is putting me off there doesn't appear to be an st4 guide port on it so I don't get how it sends corrections to the mount unless it only works through their software or plugins. You would have thought that if Atik are allowing retailers to start listing it for pre-orders the would have more info available. I may have to reconsider and go for the trius/lodestar/mini wheel package that starlight xpress are doing

Darren

@SalAstroSoc & @astronut1639

www.salfordastro.org.uk

Do we have a release date for the atik one 6.0 yet? It looks really good and it is now listed on atik's website

+1 (from another Darren :) )

I just spoke with Atik, the new Atik One camera is on schedule, the same is true of the Atik GP camera. They should be here this Friday or next week at the latest :smiley:

I am quite tempted by the package offer but the guider is putting me off there doesn't appear to be an st4 guide port on it so I don't get how it sends corrections to the mount unless it only works through their software or plugins. You would have thought that if Atik are allowing retailers to start listing it for pre-orders the would have more info available. I may have to reconsider and go for the trius/lodestar/mini wheel package that starlight xpress are doing

Atik feel ST4 is quite old-school with most people today connecting via ASCOM (pulse guiding) for a higher degree of accuracy. That decision might cause some rumbles but change often does and they do have a point (please don't shoot the messenger).  :hiding:

Regarding the specification, up until only very recently the cameras were still in development and Atik wanted to wait until they had actual production models from which to take their measurements before releasing specifications. That time has come so we are expecting up-to-date real-world specifications very soon :smiley:

HTH, 
Steve 

Thanks Steve first class response as usual. I was just a bit confused by the camera I forgot about pulse guiding through ascom. I will look forward to reading all about it when it's released. The plan at the moment is to upgrade my imaging setup with something like the atik one and off axis guider to be used with my wedge mounted Nexstar 8 GPS, hence the ST4 question, can you pulse guide a Nexstar 8 gps? I eventually want to replace the fork arms and wedge with an eq8. Hopefully for my 40th next year. Thanks for your help

Regards

Darren

www.salfordastro.org.uk

This Friday would be perfect timing!!

The latest from Atik is we will receive the new cameras Tuesday so it looks like I will be delivering yours personally to your tent at SGL9 :smiley: 
I shall be expecting coffee :grin: 

Thanks Steve first class response as usual. I was just a bit confused by the camera I forgot about pulse guiding through ascom. I will look forward to reading all about it when it's released. The plan at the moment is to upgrade my imaging setup with something like the atik one and off axis guider to be used with my wedge mounted Nexstar 8 GPS, hence the ST4 question, can you pulse guide a Nexstar 8 gps?

Just done a little experiment with a toucam 2 pro centred on Procyon. It appears that a Nexstar 8 GPS in eq mode can accept pulse guiding commands from phd2 through a connection into the handset via USB serial converter.

Darren

www.salfordastro.org.uk

The latest from Atik is we will receive the new cameras Tuesday so it looks like I will be delivering yours personally to your tent at SGL9 :smiley:
I shall be expecting coffee :grin:

Atik have confirmed we will receive our first delivery of Atik One GP OAG bundles tomorrow. 

Unfortunately we have already pre-sold all the bundles allocated to us. We are doing our best to secure more and will post an update later today. 

Daz, please don't worry, I will definitely have yours with me when we meet at SGL9  :icon_salut:

Steve 

Unfortunately we have already pre-sold all the bundles allocated to us. We are doing our best to secure more and will post an update later today. 

We have another, possibly two, bundles arriving Wednesday :smiley: 

Atik have confirmed we will receive our first delivery of Atik One GP OAG bundles tomorrow. 

Daz, please don't worry, I will definitely have yours with me when we meet at SGL9  :icon_salut:

Steve 

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:

If not

:angry5:  :angry5:  :angry5:

:D

We will have full specifications later today but the spacing requirements for the Atik One camera and Atik One OAG GP bundle are: 

Sensor to flange distance is 27mm and 47mm with OAG fitted. 

Also, to use the new Atik GP camera please download the latest version of Atik's Artemis Capture which also includes the following new features: 

Histogram display
Ability to load previous images to view
Improved hot pixel rejection for the guider
Dithering
To dither your subs you need to run two copies of Capture. In the one which will be doing the guiding when you double-click to select the guide target there is a new field 'Dither' in the dialog that appears, where you can set the max offsets for dithering. Then set to autoguide and put into looping mode as normal.
Fire up the imaging copy of capture, and if you run the sequencer (or loop+autosave) then each time an image is saved it will nudge the guider. You can see the cross-hairs indicating the original and nudged positions. The user sets a suitable delay on the imaging copy so that it waits long enough for the guider to re-lock on to the star. 
The new Artemis Capture can be downloaded using this link (27.5mb file). 
HTH, 
Steve 

Specifications:

Sensor Type: CCD - Sony ICX694
Horizontal Resolution: 2750 pixels
Vertical Resolution: 2200 pixels
Pixel Size: 4.54 µM x 4.54 µM
ADC: 16 bit
Readout Noise: 5e- typical value
Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed, with embedded hub
Power: 12v DC 2A
Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
Minimum Exposure Length: 1/1000 s
Cooling: Termoelectric set point with max  ΔT=-38°C
Weight: approx. 900 gr
Backfocus: ~27mm

It's basically the 460EX in a new housing with Integrated filterwheel.

It's basically the 460EX in a new housing with Integrated filterwheel.

Precisely  B)

That's why we like it so much. Along with it's new argon-purged CCD chamber, enhanced cooling, internal USB hub and accessory power port. 

Archived