Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Atik cameras with integrated filter wheel

FLO

We met with Atik at Kelling where they were showing prototypes of a new family of cameras with integrated filter wheels. 

They will compliment the existing range of Atik cameras, not replace them. 

We don't have specifications but we do know the smaller model will be released before Christmas followed by the larger model, which will feature a full-frame 29mp sensor, in the New Year. There will also be dedicated off-axis-guiders available for both sizes. 

The next Atik newsletter will have photos and details so we will update this thread then :smiley:

Steve

post-54-0-26160400-1381159197_thumb.jpg

post-54-0-69252800-1381159210_thumb.jpg

post-54-0-53460900-1381159228_thumb.jpg

post-54-0-17756200-1381159248_thumb.jpg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't have specifications but we do know the largest model will be released before Christmas and will sport a full-frame 29mp sensor.

There'll be the sound of a few peoples' wallets achieving Mach 1 as they make a dash for safety, I'll bet...

James

It would be great if Steve Richards or Olly Penrice could be asked to review these  :grin:

Steve wouldn't be interested. He hates that kind of thing. On the other hand a full frame 29 MP camera would be just fine and dandy thank you VERY much indeed...

:evil: lly

Steve wouldn't be interested. He hates that kind of thing. On the other hand a full frame 29 MP camera would be just fine and dandy thank you VERY much indeed...

Very funny Olly, certainly put a big smile on my face!!

I'm sure that this is the chip of chips, if you have the optics. Per has been pushing this chip for a while and not surprizingly. For short FL astrographs of high quality there is nothing to be said. Well, maybe 'Sorry darling...'

Olly

Very funny Olly, certainly put a big smile on my face!!

It put a maniacal grimace on mine ............. :grin:

To be honest, I'm not sure that Olly is qualified to review a piece of kit as sophisticated as this - I mean, he cycles and drives a Panda so technology and fine mechanicals are clearly not his 'thing' at all. No, he's a decent guy, I'd hate to see him embarrassed into having to read the manual ..... :eek:

On the other hand, just to prove that I do know what I'm talking about, I've already figured out that the rectangular filter wheel couldn't possibly rotate ..

Olly & Steve...  the new Morecombe & Wise  :grin:

We will be able to post details after the Atik newsletter has been published but these are not simply the existing models repackaged. They are entirely new cameras designed from scratch using the latest components. 

Also, I just received a text saying I got the release times the wrong-way-round. The smaller model will be released first, the larger model will follow. Sorry about that. 

Steve 

We will be able to post details after the Atik newsletter has been published but these are not simply the existing models repackaged. They are entirely new cameras designed from scratch using the latest components. 

Also, I just received a text saying I got the release times the wrong-way-round. The smaller model will be released first, the larger model will follow. Sorry about that. 

Steve 

Steve, it worked, we're BOTH going to get one (to keep, I'm sure of it...)

I've sussed the shape business. You turn the telescope.

Erm, are these cameras electric... or gas?

Olly

It put a maniacal grimace on mine ............. :grin:

To be honest, I'm not sure that Olly is qualified to review a piece of kit as sophisticated as this - I mean, he cycles and drives a Panda so technology and fine mechanicals are clearly not his 'thing' at all. No, he's a decent guy, I'd hate to see him embarrassed into having to read the manual ..... :eek:

On the other hand, just to prove that I do know what I'm talking about, I've already figured out that the rectangular filter wheel couldn't possibly rotate ..

You two, :D.

Steve 

The New Morecombe and Wise indeed, Richards & Penrice :p

Funnily enough I'm just building an astro camera and filter wheel combined myself :D  Not CCD I'm afraid - only CMOS but it is mono with set-point cooling and APS-C size sensor.

Archived