SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Helloooo from Grimsby

ShaunyC

Hello everyone, just thought i'd introduce myself as a newbie round here...

I've been a keen sky watcher for some time, often missing bites sea fishing gazing up above.

I watch many things on the youtube regarding space.. infact most thing's i watch are space related! lol

Through the wormhole was good with morgan freeman.. think it got a bit cheesier last i see though, Brian Cox is pretty good too.. How the universe works is cool too.. infact how anything works intriuges me.. Got abit of a passion for physics too! lol

I joined a local astronemy club some time ago which i really enjoyed meeting like minded people, but work comitments got in the way :( going to try and  make a few more meetings tho.. especially now i have my fisrt telescope on the way! :)

So thats a wee bit about me, thanx for listening.. from what i've seen so far this site looks very informative so i'll deffinetly be rumaging about for the next few days picking up what i can.. :)

Thanx

Shaun

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Shaun. Sea fishing is a great way to star gaze. Standing there watching and waiting for the rod tip to go, you can't help but be amazed at a clear night sky. I've spent many a night doing just that. A love of all things scientific and sci fi very often goes hand in hand with a passion for astronomy. You're certainly not alone there. Keep in touch here, and if you decide to buy any equipment don't hesitate to ask for advice, no matter how basic it might seem.

Best wishes and clear skies

Jason

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Wow... Thanx for a warm welcome people! :)

Jason, I gather your a sea fisherman too? Must say Wales is definetly better than round here for fishing (the Humber) been to Anglesey quite a few times.. but like you say wherever you are if its a clear sky your usually welcomed with dazzaling views.. i'v seen plenty of meteor's/fireballs/shootingstars :)

Because cod season's coming up.. i thought rather than my naked eye i'll get a pair of benocuars i've heard there quite usefull.. 7x50's then cam across mooculars started at a 15-55x21.. then a 16x32 then a 20-60x60 spotting scope and ended up getting a Celestron PowerSeeker 127 EQ! lol Which should hopefully be on  the way today :)

I had a read abit about these scopes and the comments seem ok? but if anyone out there has any views on using one i'd be happy to hear...

Couple of things i've heard are the eyepieces are pretty naff!? and i might invest in a motor driver for the stand.. Any hints on these would be apreciated.

Shaun

Archived