Hi... noobie here...

Hawkian

Hi All,

I've been fascinated with the stars ever since I can remember and I read as much astronomy stuff as I can usually get my hands on. I've always wanted to own a telescope but could never really afford one, or so I thought. I also didn't think it was justified to own one when I live in an area that's so light polluted. But I'm starting to realize that there's nothing to really stop me from really getting into the hobby anymore: I can afford a modest scope now and I live in an area that's mere minutes away from places I can get my scope to and look at clear dark skies. So the lure of buying a scope is now becoming real very fast. I won't bore everyone with what I'm thinking of buying yet (I can do that in the proper forum) but I thought I'd say hi first, as is customary.

Anyone here close to the Ottawa Valley in Canada?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Hawkian and hansu & welcome to the forum.

To help the members recommendations on what scope to buy they will need to know the following.

What is your budget?

Are you simply observing or interested in astrophotography, (called the dark side because of the cost).

You will no doubt be asked for more information, the help to newbies like us is just fantastic on here.

No such thing as a stupid question either.

Enjoy the forum.

welcome along...there's a few on here from Canada, a couple from just up the road from you...been to your great country a few times so I know 100 miles away is "just up the road"!

LOL! Just up the road with a lot of nothing between point A and point B...

Hi guys and welcome.

Quote: "...LOL! Just up the road with a lot of nothing between point A and point B..." a bit like British motorways then!

(I am now counting how many pot-holes I discover on my way to/from work)!

Hi guys and welcome.

Quote: "...LOL! Just up the road with a lot of nothing between point A and point B..." a bit like British motorways then!

(I am now counting how many pot-holes I discover on my way to/from work)!

Hehe.. i'm sure you don't need a 'scope for those if Canada roads are any indication.

Archived